The Sewing Place

Hi Folks

Vezelay

Hi Folks
« on: December 10, 2017, 19:17:25 PM »
Another former TSF member here - I joined about 4 years ago when I started sewing wearables on retirement and found it sooo helpful. I was sad when it vanished and equally delighted to find this forum a few weeks ago. I make clothes for myself (mostly wearable) but I also love making crafty stuff like bags, wallets, sunhats, padded journal covers, and coasters/pot stands for friends. Right now I'm almost finished my third Sew-House-7 Toaster 1 sweater, just the topstitching to do. I'm half way through a Kraftex tote bag - waiting for supplies to arrive - and just completed an Ethel tote bag which is disappointingly small! I've several Christmas gifts to make so I'm just hoping inspiration will arrive soon!

Looking forward to re-connecting with all you lovely sewing people. :)

Cheers
Vezelay 

Kenora

Re: Hi Folks
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 19:27:07 PM »
Wow, Vezelay - you sound like a really busy person. :) I'm fairly new on here myself but lurked on TSF for a long time. This is a great forum with lots of knowledgeable members. It's nice to see you.
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

UttaRetch

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2017, 19:36:15 PM »
Hi and welcome

I remember you from the old place where I was Enthusiast.

Greybird

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2017, 19:59:47 PM »
Welcome Vezelay - nice to have you here. I remember you too!

Vegegrow

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2017, 20:39:50 PM »
welcome back to the fold Vezelay.. hope you love it here like me  lots of old friends and familiar topics  :loveit:
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

Silver Rose

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2017, 09:34:45 AM »
Welcome Vezelay, I remember you too, I think we joined TSF about the same time, I was Junemarie there.
Still learning

b15erk

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2017, 09:37:43 AM »
A big welcome from me too!  Enjoy the new place, there are lots of toys to play with, and plenty of good company!

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Vezelay

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2017, 09:39:55 AM »
Big thanks to all of you, old and new sewing buddies,  for the lovely welcome. You can expect to hear more from me! Am wearing my new cosy Toaster this chilly morning. No snow here in Wexford but this morning the cat door was frozen solid - poor puss had his legs crossed

Surest1tch

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2017, 15:37:17 PM »
Hi and welcome from me too  :D

Bowerbird

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2017, 11:24:01 AM »
Welcome Vezelay, it's always nice to  be back with old friends, isn't it.  :flower:

maliw

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2017, 14:09:31 PM »
Hello from me too, I'm still the same as the old place. Hope you enjoy our happy playground.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Ploshkin

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2017, 11:44:44 AM »
Vezelay, I am so glad you have found your way here I have been hoping that you might appear one day.  Since the old forum vanished I have been having to find my own patterns.  You always seemed to find just the sort of things I like and are very similar in proportions to me too.  Welcome back to the fold.
Life's too short for ironing.

Vezelay

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2017, 16:31:06 PM »
So kind! I feel quite at home here already. I have a cupboard overflowing with fabric and a shelf full of patterns - but I've really missed having you clever folk to advise me when I get stuck tackling a new technique. Bereft, I've been. So I predict 2018 should be a good sewing year. :)  :toast:

Helen M

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2017, 19:42:48 PM »
Hi Vezelay! Glad you found your way back, I remember you from the other place. You've been busy in the meantime.
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  1.5 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 55

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2017, 22:16:52 PM »
Hi Ruthie here, hoping to get to know a few more UK based sewists.
I'm thinking about a coat as my next project!