The Sewing Place

The Fitting Book by Gina Renee Dunham?

ClareInStitches

The Fitting Book by Gina Renee Dunham?
« on: August 05, 2023, 17:55:06 PM »
Has anyone seen this book in person, please?

On the one hand I have a whole shelf of fitting books. On the other, I still struggle with fit and just maybe this would help. 

Anyone got any thoughts on this particular one?

Thanks.

Helen M

Re: The Fitting Book by Gina Renee Dunham?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2023, 19:57:12 PM »
I haven't but I have it sitting in my 'saved for later' box on Amazon and it's been there some time.

I think I must have either read something on a Threads email (I don't take the magazine now) or seen something on Instagram that prompted me to think about buying it. Can't for the life of me think what it was that I liked at the time!
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  3.0 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 73

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2023, 23:05:43 PM »
You can get a free chapter if you sign up for emails
https://www.ginareneedesigns.com/

I had quite a lot of her info but not sure if it was something I could keep or just read.  I quite liked her approach.  You can never have too many fitting books.  :)

Puzzler

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2023, 08:22:02 AM »
Thanks for your encouragement @Ohsewsimple;) I too have had it on and off and back on my wish list along with the one by Kenneth King. I guess we are searching for the holy grail but in fact there are useful hints and tips in all these books. Gets quite obsessional after a while and I must tame the urge to acquire, acquire, acquire.

I watched this recently which is why Gina’s book went back on my wish list. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhtp_BVkyfE

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2023, 13:34:36 PM »
Always happy to help @Puzzler  :laughing:
If anyone is interested there are some more free downloads here
https://www.ginareneedesigns.com/download/

realale

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2023, 14:04:16 PM »
That looks a really interesting book. I watched the Youtube video review and now am debating whether to add this to my repertoire of fitting books  ::thinks:: Do I really need another fitting book?  ::thinks:: It can go on my Birthday/Christmas list I think.
So many beers, so little time.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2023, 15:46:58 PM »
I have a different approach - I don't wear clothes that are fitted  :laughing:

Ouryve

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2023, 22:19:56 PM »
I have a different approach - I don't wear clothes that are fitted  :laughing:

I do t, either, but what I do wear looks so much better for not being distorted in all the ring ways by my oeaks and troughs. So a bit more tummy room, a bit less excess fabric over my flat bum and so on.
Janome M50QDC - "Jane" - Small, cute and hard working. Pfaff Quilt Ambition 630 - "Pfanny" - Pfickle. Bernina L450 - "Bernie" - Very hungry. Bernina 830 Record - "Becky"

ClareInStitches

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2023, 21:20:24 PM »
Thank you, everyone, for your replies, comments and links.  I think that I shall be buying myself an early Birthday present.  Three months isn't That early is it? Not at the rate I sew! 0_0

WildAtlanticWay

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2023, 13:06:47 PM »
Did you read the two 2 star reviews on Amazon? Really bizarre.

One person wrote what sounded like a fair and balanced review from her perspective and the other one seemed desperate to reply to it and counter all her slightly negative comments, so much so, that the second reviewer comes across as a bit unhinged. 🫣😂😂

I do hope you buy it from Amazon and add your own review. 🤣🤣