The Sewing Place

Can't decide what to make!

Tricia

Can't decide what to make!
« on: January 03, 2018, 10:55:53 AM »
Okay so someone just bought 5m of denim and 5m of chambray which was vastly reduced in a sale.  I love denim and the black and grey I have ordered will be ok for work dressed up with a smart top and shoes so, not just weekend wear.

While I am waiting for it to arrive, I am looking through my patterns and just can't decide what to make.  Anyone got any suggestions/ideas?

Happy New Year everyone  :)

Efemera

Re: Can't decide what to make!
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 11:20:06 AM »
What about a casual duster coat....will go with anything

Efemera

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2018, 11:22:27 AM »
Duster coat

Vezelay

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2018, 12:32:45 PM »
While I'm on here, I'll throw out a few suggestions. I don't know what kind of clothes are up your street but the Colette Aster shirt comes to mind, though I'll be honest, I've hardly worn mine. The Colette Hawthorn dress is another one for Chambray, or the Hey June Cheyenne tunic - which I'm about to make in brushed cotton check. For the denim Jalie Eleanor jeans or a nice denim shirt dress - I can't remember the pattern company but it's recent so someone else might. Whatever you choose all that fabric will keep you busy  :).

Tricia

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2018, 13:47:05 PM »
Duster coat

Oooh!  Efemera thank you - I love that  :)

Tricia

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2018, 14:03:11 PM »
While I'm on here, I'll throw out a few suggestions. I don't know what kind of clothes are up your street but the Colette Aster shirt comes to mind, though I'll be honest, I've hardly worn mine. The Colette Hawthorn dress is another one for Chambray, or the Hey June Cheyenne tunic - which I'm about to make in brushed cotton check. For the denim Jalie Eleanor jeans or a nice denim shirt dress - I can't remember the pattern company but it's recent so someone else might. Whatever you choose all that fabric will keep you busy  :).

I really like the Hey June Cheyenne tunic.

I might have gone slightly over the top with my ordering but the price was too good to miss.  My little niece will probably benefit from it too - perhaps a denim dress or two!   :)