The Sewing Place

Butterick 5985

Ravingdoll

Re: Butterick 5985
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2018, 12:01:11 PM »
Thank you!  I think Toby has just about had a belly full of this dress, he thinks it has been out on the sewing table for far too long and we need to move on.  He would look very smart with a matching cravat, but unfortunately isn’t very obliging when it comes to sartorial shenanigans.  He is very much your fur coat kind of a chap and no other ‘accoutrements’ needed.  I’ve tried.  And failed. 
If I say so myself I do keep a fairly tidy sewing room.  I guess because I don’t need to share the space with anyone else or for anything else.  In theory it is a second bedroom with a single bed in which can be converted to a double bed, but in reality I don’t really have guests stay overnight.  Family tend to stay with the parents, friends are mostly local and, as happens, the more time spent living alone the more I value my own space.  Also doing shift work I am not in a routine at all, and go with my body mostly when to eat and sleep. Also I notice a common theme recurring with all my friends, that no matter how nice to go out and how late we’re out it’s still nice to wake up in your own bed.       

Missie

Re: Butterick 5985
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2018, 13:57:45 PM »
Also I notice a common theme recurring with all my friends, that no matter how nice to go out and how late we’re out it’s still nice to wake up in your own bed.

Oh, I agree.  I've had 2 "sleepovers" recently and on both occasions, I barely slept a wink.  I do not do well with lack of sleep, so sleepover are a minimum and only when really required (ie when there is drink involved and lack of transport home!)