The Sewing Place

Urgent advice please!

DementedFairy

Re: Urgent advice please!
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2017, 21:37:14 PM »
I plan to use mine plenty- I want to set it up for ruffling, as my lovely treadle is not playing nicely with it any more, and prefers being a permanent buttonholer.  Fine by me, they can all be temperamental old divas, they are gorgeous!
C'est moi!

BrendaP

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2017, 09:45:42 AM »
What a lovely Christmas present - and such a good price too.  Enjoy.
:vintage: 0_0 :vintage: 0_0 :vintage:
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Iminei

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2017, 11:49:45 AM »
Be sure to post plenty of pics after Chrimbo Acorn ...
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

arrow

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2017, 19:31:04 PM »
...I want to set it up for ruffling, as my lovely treadle is not playing nicely with it any more, and prefers being a permanent buttonholer.  Fine by me, they can all be temperamental old divas, they are gorgeous!

If your treadle is a 15, 66 or 201 it should be sorted out easily,  and the ruffler should work just as well as on a 221. I know attachments like these aren't all the same, even if they are low shank and generally take much the same accessories. My 99 has had a few problems with jumping feet, the tiny arm that goes on the needle clamp can have the wrong angle or length. I have managed to break feet like these, and one dragged the entire presser bar half way up with the movement and made a lot of noise. If there is any problem with a ruffler foot I know it can be sorted out. That said, the Featherweight should make very nice ruffles and nothing should stop you from using it.