The Sewing Place

What to do with 30USD?

Roger

What to do with 30USD?
« on: December 26, 2017, 13:05:44 PM »
Hi All,

Here’s the challenge... I won a prepaid credit card for 30USD. Only living in the UK, USDs are not day to day useful.

Any ideas of what I should spend it on?

I thought about maybe Sew Classic, or craftsy? But I thought you guys might have some better ideas. My idea to use it on a Clam Shell (Jetsons) buttonholer also failed.

It’s a nice problem to have :)
A bit of a vintage sewing machine nut! Singers: 500a, 401g, 48k Elnas: lotus SP & grasshopper, Bernina 530-2 F+R 504, Pfaff 30, Cresta T-132

Vegegrow

Re: What to do with 30USD?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2017, 13:39:26 PM »
Craftsy class sounds like a good idea.. or some sort of pdf patterns that way you don't have to waste your money on p&p I can't recommend any as I've never bought one .... 0_0
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

StitchinTime

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2017, 17:55:51 PM »
Would a subscription to Threads Insider be of interest to you? You wouldn’t have quite enough for a full year, but would be able to get several months with $30.
http://www.threadsmagazine.com/insider

Tamnymore

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2017, 18:52:06 PM »
Well I would use it on the Vogue/Butterick/McCall US site for patterns when they had a sale (being careful not to order more than £15 worth of patterns because of customs charges) but I don't know if such things are of interest.
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Lollipop

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2017, 19:35:12 PM »
I buy a lot of stuff online that requires payment in USD. Maybe try spending it on Etsy.
Was Sewnanny

Roger

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2017, 15:07:11 PM »
Thank you for the ideas!

I’m not much of a pattern user. I haven’t heard of the magazine, I’ll give the sample a go:)

I’d forgotten about Etsy, it’s good for belly dance ornaments,

I thought about the craftsy unlimited for a couple of months, but I just don’t get the time to really get stuck into it.
A bit of a vintage sewing machine nut! Singers: 500a, 401g, 48k Elnas: lotus SP & grasshopper, Bernina 530-2 F+R 504, Pfaff 30, Cresta T-132