The Sewing Place

Calling the Fairy

amymac

Re: Calling the Fairy
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2017, 15:50:11 PM »

I came across my favourite waistband elastic (in the delightfully named Fanny's Fabrics) at a fraction of its UK price. I stocked up with enough to pay for my air fare in savings.

Thanks for throwing that little reference in!  My sister stays in North Vancouver and now I have somewhere fabric related to head for when I visit again in September.  :D

Seapebbles

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2018, 03:47:38 AM »
Thanks for throwing that little reference in!  My sister stays in North Vancouver and now I have somewhere fabric related to head for when I visit again in September.  :D

I know this is an older post, but thought I might jump in as Fanny’s has not been in business here in BC for quite some time and more recently, the rest of Canada.  Fabricland is still here and there and when in the Greater Vancouver area, Fabricana (Richmond and Coquitlam) is my favourite!

Tamnymore

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2018, 07:18:52 AM »
Yes I noticed when I googled some years ago that Fanny's was out of business. When I visited they joined me in Fanny''s Fabric Club as a senior to get a better reduction on patterns even though I was nowhere near a senior at the time (it was some years ago, ahem!) I was most impressed that they let the customer look in the pattern drawers. You NEVER get to do that in the UK.  I carried my membership card around for years in happy memory. Must get back to Vancouver, Fanny's or no Fanny's.
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

wrenkins

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2018, 07:26:04 AM »
Me too...into The Keg for a big juicy fillet, up and down Robson Street a time or two and then straight up the Sea To Sky..... shwoosh shwoosh shwoosh.... :loveit:
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!