The Sewing Place

Do you want another year of TSP BOM's ????

Iminei

« on: December 28, 2017, 09:42:56 AM »

Or have we had enough yet?
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Sandra

Re: Do you want another year of TSP BOM's ????
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2017, 10:53:33 AM »
I'd join in another year of them. I enjoyed doing them this year....My every day job involves mainly boring, ordinary alterations ( in shades of beige,grey ,navy and black  :\ ), so these gave me a little colourful treat to have a go at.

The question is...can you be bothered to go to the trouble of the tutorials?

Sandra.
xxx

Ploshkin

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2017, 13:08:58 PM »
Since DH retired at the end of August last year I no longer have the luxury of uninterrupted sewing time pretty much whenever I fancy.  There always seems to be something we need to do.  So, as quilting is an extra for me, my main sewing focus being dressmaking, I can't see me keeping up with a monthly BOM this time round though I would certainly do a few if I can.  There have been quite a few people in the latter part of the year expressing an interest in having a go at quilting so you could well have some new participants.
Life's too short for ironing.

Madame Cholet

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2017, 13:39:43 PM »
I would like to give them a try, although I'm a little stash-challenged at the minute but yes... if we have forthcoming BOMs, please count me in!  :ninja:

maliw

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2017, 14:38:18 PM »
I really enjoyed the 2017 BOM and one or two took me well out of my comfort zone - the shimmer and the twister especially. I would like to continue with BOM but and it's a big but, I don't know how much I'm going to be around as Aunt will be in care (she is in hospital at the moment) and house will have to be cleared and sold. This will involve a lot of travelling etc so sewing time will be limited. Thank you Iminei.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

twopence

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2017, 20:01:11 PM »
I have enjoyed the ones that I have managed to complete - I still have the October one to finish as I ran out of fabric with only an inch on one border and it just wouldn't work.  There are a couple of others that I will still do but I would like to do it again and this time will try to do them all.  I think I slowed myself down by continuing with them and making them into presents which have been very well received.

Kenora

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2017, 22:27:05 PM »
I am one of the members who joined in later in the year (and thoroughly enjoyed it). I haven't been able to sew for a few weeks, partly because of Christmas and partly, like Maliw's aunt, because we've been trying to arrange for my Mum to go into care. I would do my best to join in regularly but couldn't guarantee it every month.

I also appreciate how much work is involved in organising the monthly BOM so know that it would be a huge commitment of time for Iminei, so a big thank you if it goes ahead.
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath