The Sewing Place

[SOLVED] @member name in reply

Francesca

Re: INSTALLED: @member name in reply
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2018, 15:42:19 PM »
Try now? I think we fixed it for regular members but forgot Subscribers.

b15erk

« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2018, 15:45:28 PM »
@Francesca

All good!

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

UttaRetch

« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2018, 15:51:31 PM »
@b15erk: testing, testing, 1, 2, 3. :D

b15erk

« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2018, 16:15:11 PM »
All 'A' OK @UttaRetch !! :D :D :D

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Francesca

« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2018, 16:17:58 PM »

UttaRetch

« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2018, 16:27:55 PM »
Okay, the pop-up is fixed, but are we actually supposed to get an email notification too?

b15erk

« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2018, 16:29:58 PM »
I got one!  :*

Jessie

Francesca

« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2018, 16:30:26 PM »
If you go to Profile > Mentions you will note a little tickbox that says receive email notifications, you can choose to turn that on or off.

UttaRetch

« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2018, 16:46:30 PM »
Mine is ticked, so it's probably something at my end.  Nevermind, the feature works as intended and as I am here most days so won't miss much. :)

Whilst I was tinkering about in settings, I discovered that I can unsubscribe from areas of no interest to me. :D

Vegegrow

« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2018, 16:47:19 PM »
Can I play I'll test @UttaRetch  and see if she gets an email
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

Acorn

« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2018, 16:49:17 PM »
It's worth checking your email spam folder if you haven't already - although it seems that some email providers block the sort of emails that are sent by forums before they even get that far.   :fish: :fish: :fish:
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Francesca

« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2018, 16:53:41 PM »
Yeah, email is problematic. I get them fine, but others might not. It's tough for us to sort out because it's more likely to be your email provider thinking we're a spam email than not.

Also, they can take a while to come. They are sent out in batches so as not to overwhelm our server so you might end up getting them a few minutes later. Usually not noticeable but if you're browsing the forum at the time you might see the [] in your Profile before the email arrives.

UttaRetch

« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2018, 16:54:27 PM »
Just checked my spam filter, but in any case I always received notification for private messages.  As I said, I am pleased that it's working as intended and accept that I am in the dark ages so far as computing is concerned whilst I remain on Osx 10.6.8. 0_0

DementedFairy

« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2018, 17:59:28 PM »
IT'S WORKING!
C'est moi!