The Sewing Place

A Stitch In Time - TV series

HenriettaMaria

A Stitch In Time - TV series
« on: December 30, 2017, 20:22:41 PM »
I see from next week's TV listings that the http://www.tudortailor.com/ ladies are hitting BBC4 on Wednesday 3 January for a series on historical costume making, starting with Charles II.  Should be good, as Ninya Mikhaila knows of what she speaks!

Tamnymore

Re: A Stitch In Time - TV series
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2017, 20:28:59 PM »
Should be very interesting. Thanks for the heads up, HM.  :D
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Sewbee

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2017, 21:45:31 PM »
I see from next week's TV listings that the http://www.tudortailor.com/ ladies are hitting BBC4 on Wednesday 3 January for a series on historical costume making, starting with Charles II.  Should be good, as Ninya Mikhaila knows of what she speaks!

So glad you posted this!

Lyn-J

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2017, 22:46:58 PM »
Thanks for the heads up

Iminei

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2017, 08:44:03 AM »
Ooohhh Does the Fairy know about these girls ??????
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

DementedFairy

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2017, 09:54:52 AM »
I rarely watch TV these days, but might remember [unlikely, as I was DYING to watch LEague of Gentlemen and FORGOT.   The shame!]

Thanks!
C'est moi!

Sewbee

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2017, 10:16:59 AM »
I rarely watch TV these days, but might remember [unlikely, as I was DYING to watch LEague of Gentlemen and FORGOT.   The shame!]

Thanks!

TV is only supposed to be background noise for sewing!!!! ;)

DementedFairy

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2017, 10:24:09 AM »
TV is only supposed to be background noise for sewing!!!! ;)

Lord no, we only have one TV, and it's in the living room.  I usually listen to audiobooks, but AHOCK HORROR my ipod stopped working yesterday!  I'm hoping it's just the dock, so I've ordered one, but if it's the pod my listening days are over until I can splash out on another.  Poop.  Silent sewing is DULL
C'est moi!

Iminei

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2017, 10:33:49 AM »
League of Gentlemen was Awesome  DF!!

Imself and I sat and watched all 3 in one sitting. It was just as awful as before, if not even more so, and I can't believe they got away with some of the things they obviously did!!!

Hie thee hence to catch up TV, DF!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Sewbee

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2017, 10:43:07 AM »
League of Gentlemen was Awesome  DF!!

Imself and I sat and watched all 3 in one sitting. It was just as awful as before, if not even more so, and I can't believe they got away with some of the things they obviously did!!!

Hie thee hence to catch up TV, DF!

Just went to Catch Up TV to download this and it only has intermittent episodes. HATE it when they don't include all the episodes!

HenriettaMaria

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2018, 20:42:51 PM »
The garments from the series are on display at Ham House, Richmond, Surrey now until 29 April:

https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/ham-house-and-garden/features/a-stitch-in-time-exhibition-at-ham-house-

I might try to get there during the Easter break!