The Sewing Place

And Hello from me too!

Vegegrow

Re: And Hello from me too!
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2018, 19:50:27 PM »
Welcome from me too .. I've been away and am catching up.. hope you enjoy the forum
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

Surest1tch

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2018, 21:50:12 PM »
Hi Rita and welcome from me too  :D

Kenora

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2018, 22:46:08 PM »
Hi Rita - I'm also catching up with posts on the forum. It's great to see you on here, so welcome from me too.
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

Seweasy

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2018, 12:14:30 PM »
Hi
I'm new to the forum but a long term stitcher having learned to sew (and knit and cook) as a child from my mother about 50 years ago. Those were the days when I could cut out a size 10 and make it up with barely a try on, let alone a toile and alterations, and still be happy with the results! Things are slightly different now (curves here and there) so fitting is tricky but, on the plus side, there are stretchy fabrics - hurrah! My resolution for 2018 is to make time to sew for ME again.
I've been reading forum threads here and there over the past few weeks so I'd like to start with a 'thank you' to everyone for sharing their knowledge.

Happy 2018

Rita

I'll share your resolution too Rita....I all to often, sew for everyone else but rarely do so for me... ;)
I'm so much better at buying fabric, than  I am at using it up....