The Sewing Place

Official White Sewalong

Catllar

Re: Official White Sewalong
« Reply #105 on: May 16, 2017, 20:18:05 PM »
You're probably right DF - I just wanted got take the picture and be done with it - it will look better with longer unders.

Susan, my old Singer doesn't do zig-zag and it's my computerised  Silver HD one that's died! It must have read about depraved buttonhole feet and come out in sympathy.  I know what  you meant about them going OK on the sample then messing up on the garment!

I'm thinking I'd be perhaps better off with a solid mechanical that does a buttonhole.
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

BajaSusana

« Reply #106 on: May 16, 2017, 21:14:47 PM »
Catllarwhatbis the model number of your Singer? He buttonhole attachment will most likely fit your machine.
 My Singer is a straigh stitch machine with a buttonholer. There is even a zig zag attachment for thes old dowagers! Check eBay.
Off to catch some rays and siesta. My enabler fri nd is coming over with glute free cupcakes. Need to Rest up. :loveit:

Catllar

« Reply #107 on: May 16, 2017, 22:20:28 PM »
Brilliant! Hadn't even considered the possibility of a buttonhole foot for the singer ( its a 15-88)  Off to investigate - well, I will do tomorrow. Thanks Susan. :flower:

DementedFairy

« Reply #108 on: May 17, 2017, 03:28:00 AM »
I adore my vintage buttonholer, it's an utter delight, and fascinating to watch.  8 almost silent, swear free buttonholes, in next to no time.  What's not to love?
C'est moi!

sewmuchmore

« Reply #109 on: May 17, 2017, 09:52:17 AM »
Didn't think i would be around for this so i am late coming to the party. Can i have a bit of pink ribbon on the garment?
I have been asked to make this.
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

Francesca

« Reply #110 on: May 17, 2017, 09:54:19 AM »
I'm going to say if the pink ribbon is a fastening, then yes. But any pink decoration, then no :(

sewmuchmore

« Reply #111 on: May 17, 2017, 14:48:19 PM »
I'm going to say if the pink ribbon is a fastening, then yes. But any pink decoration, then no :(

The ribbon is a fastening but the paws will be machine embroidered.
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

Francesca

« Reply #112 on: May 17, 2017, 14:55:35 PM »
The ribbon is a fastening but the paws will be machine embroidered.

I'm afraid not then, as they're decorative.

BajaSusana

« Reply #113 on: May 17, 2017, 15:06:44 PM »
Brilliant! Hadn't even considered the possibility of a buttonhole foot for the singer ( its a 15-88)  Off to investigate - well, I will do tomorrow. Thanks Susan. :flower:
Here is what you are looking for:

My Singer is very well used. The buttonholer does a good job, but I  know it can do better. so I am on the hunt for  another one.

Catllar

« Reply #114 on: May 17, 2017, 15:58:37 PM »
Thanks Susan. I've contacted Helen Howes, our european  vintage machine guru. I need another bobbin winder mechanism for my old lady too so if I can get that sorted along with the buttonholer then job done, money saved and happy dances all round!

BajaSusana

« Reply #115 on: May 17, 2017, 17:16:00 PM »
Buene suerte...good luck!
 I just bid on a buttonholer on eBay.
 I hate the bidding, I rather just buy it.
  :loveit:

Catllar

« Reply #116 on: May 17, 2017, 23:25:34 PM »
Hope you get lucky !  I got a reply back from Helen Howes - she's away from her place at the moment so can't get anything shipped out to me until end of May, so I must be patient.

BajaSusana

« Reply #117 on: May 17, 2017, 23:53:05 PM »
Well my dear, my Janome 7700 is in the shop until June 6! We can be patient together. Vino tinto is called for! :toast:

Catllar

« Reply #118 on: May 18, 2017, 23:21:44 PM »
Well my dear, my Janome 7700 is in the shop until June 6! We can be patient together. Vino tinto is called for! :toast:

Indeed - cheers!

BrendaP

« Reply #119 on: May 19, 2017, 09:57:29 AM »
Hadn't even considered the possibility of a buttonhole foot for the singer ( its a 15-88) 

I'm pretty sure the vintage buttonholers will fit model 15 Singers and the buttonholes they make are much better than anything I've been able to make on my Husqvarna.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.