The Sewing Place

Official White Sewalong

DementedFairy

Re: Official White Sewalong
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2017, 10:52:29 AM »
Such a pity we can't enter things we've made before.  This all-white 'Armistice' outfit is one of my favourites

C'est moi!

Francesca

« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2017, 11:03:33 AM »
We could consider doing competitions where you enter things made in advance in the future, but unless we all sew together it doesn't count as a "sewalong".

UttaRetch

« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2017, 11:57:34 AM »
Indeed.

Beautiful blouse, DF and my, what a large glass.  ;)

Didi

« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2017, 14:15:28 PM »
Well I think I am giving this a miss I have wasted a whole weekend on white stuff !! In fact at this moment in time I am considering putting my machines on eBay !!!

Fail number 1 a pair of trousers in a really nice white gaberchino ( well that's what they called it) pattern I've used before with a suiting which felt as if it had the same weight drape etc. Don't fit properly there are yards of fabric around the crotch and floppy crotches are never a good look  :angry: fit everywhere else and I made them exactly the same as last time

Fail number 2 a white linen top again made it before with no problem well it looks like a sack  :'( the linen is slightly more lightweight than I used before but it just looks a mess.
I haven't lost any weight - I wish ! But it's just awful

I've spent all week no faffing around and now they are both in a plastic bag whilst I decide what to do with them. So I am  off white big time

BajaSusana

« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2017, 17:01:24 PM »
Such a pity we can't enter things we've made before.  This all-white 'Armistice' outfit is one of my favourites

Love your blouse!  <3

UttaRetch

« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2017, 17:10:53 PM »
Well I think I am giving this a miss I have wasted a whole weekend on white stuff !! In fact at this moment in time I am considering putting my machines on eBay !!!

I think white is one of those colours that 'takes no prisoners' and why I don't wear it.  The fact that you have successfully sewn both patterns before may just be down to the colour and fabric choices.  Don't put your machines on ebay because you will be scrabbling to buy them back.  0_0

DementedFairy

« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2017, 18:38:55 PM »
Love your blouse!  <3

Thanks- it's Folkwear 'Armistice blouse' in silk/cotton.  It's a very nice pattern, except the sleeves are outrageously long [I have monkey arms and still needed to remove about 3" in length]
C'est moi!

Lyn-J

« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2017, 19:22:57 PM »
The blouse is phenomenal DF

Didi don't sell you machines,  :o go and make something in a favourite colour to build up your confidence.

Making a white bag and a blue dress  :[ I haven't got the hang of this have I?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 19:25:19 PM by Lyn-J »

Catllar

« Reply #53 on: May 08, 2017, 19:25:05 PM »
Just had a thought - I know - unusual.  Can I use coloured buttons on my white shirt - I've got 14 to come up with and I'll have to go bloody miles and miles to get half decent white ones otherwise?
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

DementedFairy

« Reply #54 on: May 08, 2017, 19:50:31 PM »
NO!  [that's just my opinion lol  :devil: :devil: :devil:]
C'est moi!

charlotte

« Reply #55 on: May 08, 2017, 21:44:04 PM »
Here's my fabric:

The silk cotton blend and the plain cotton are folded up at the top right... I mean, they're white fabric, there's not a lot to see!  :D

Francesca

« Reply #56 on: May 08, 2017, 22:51:46 PM »
Just had a thought - I know - unusual.  Can I use coloured buttons on my white shirt - I've got 14 to come up with and I'll have to go bloody miles and miles to get half decent white ones otherwise?

Yes, as stated in the instructions you can use fastenings, zips etc as colour :)

BajaSusana

« Reply #57 on: May 09, 2017, 01:25:14 AM »
Here's my fabric:

The silk cotton blend and the plain cotton are folded up at the top right... I mean, they're white fabric, there's not a lot to see!  :D
Yhe embroidered fabric is gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous.

DementedFairy

« Reply #58 on: May 09, 2017, 04:05:59 AM »
ooooh that's luscious!
C'est moi!

Catllar

« Reply #59 on: May 09, 2017, 08:32:01 AM »
So I CAN  use coloured buttons - so there, take that, wet fish DF!! :devil:  I will thus do my bit to save the planet by not doing the 140km round trip to a button emporium! ( or button emporia, as we are now getting very heducated )

I did of course see coloured buttons were allowed after I posted cos I was a clever girl and went back to read the destructions, but not that clever that I could delete my question - Doh!!
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !