The Sewing Place

Official White Sewalong

Catllar

Re: Official White Sewalong
« Reply #60 on: May 09, 2017, 16:46:28 PM »
So cutout and raring to go, so I thought I'd do the collar stand etc and get the fusing out of the way - use a press cloth, Jan , said  I. So I did and transferred a gunky brown mark from press cloth to fabric. :angry: :angry: Fortunately I have enough to make another collar stand and the old press cloths are now in ze bin.
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Catllar

« Reply #61 on: May 09, 2017, 16:56:57 PM »
Here's  the cutting out before I splodged it with brown gunk from the press cloth.

UttaRetch

« Reply #62 on: May 09, 2017, 17:20:44 PM »
Good thing it wasn't a big piece and you were able to cut a new collar stand.

BajaSusana

« Reply #63 on: May 09, 2017, 17:54:04 PM »
Got some lovely white textured cotton bought in  Malaysia last year and today  ordered a StyleArc pattern, so am up and running!
I am looking forward to seeing your fabric!

BajaSusana

« Reply #64 on: May 09, 2017, 18:19:09 PM »
Here's  the cutting out before I splodged it with brown gunk from the press cloth.
I did the same thing. There was adhesive on my iron.
 My DH who also does the laundry tried everything. Nothing worked. And sincve the mess was center front on the collar band I fixed it this way

I cut  a piece of another kind of lace and hand sewed it over the  brown spot. So it looks like a subtle design choice.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 18:22:38 PM by BajaSusana »

DementedFairy

« Reply #65 on: May 09, 2017, 18:20:25 PM »
So I CAN  use coloured buttons - so there, take that, wet fish DF!! :devil:  I will thus do my bit to save the planet by not doing the 140km round trip to a button emporium! ( or button emporia, as we are now getting very heducated )

We need a fish emoji!

AN emporium
SEVERAL emporia

Not very heducated lol

I still think it's cheating
C'est moi!

BajaSusana

« Reply #66 on: May 09, 2017, 18:43:32 PM »
So I CAN  use coloured buttons - so there, take that, wet fish DF!! :devil:  I will thus do my bit to save the planet by not doing the 140km round trip to a button emporium! ( or button emporia, as we are now getting very heducated )

I did of course see coloured buttons were allowed after I posted cos I was a clever girl and went back to read the destructions, but not that clever that I could delete my question - Doh!!
Since the rules were going to allow a little bit of color. And colored buttons do not in anyway detract from an all-white blouse, I like your idea.
 Why not all different colors?
 BTW, my buttons are pearl in a gold setting. :button:

Francesca

« Reply #67 on: May 09, 2017, 19:49:25 PM »
We need a fish emoji!

:fish: :fish: :fish:

AN emporium
SEVERAL emporia

Not very heducated lol

Don't  :fish: me for that one, the forum titles are Imi's doing  :devil: (Yes I know I'm a terrible tattle-tale)

Emma2109

« Reply #68 on: May 09, 2017, 20:33:27 PM »
I didn't see this post otherwise I would have entered my first blouse (definitely mainly white with teeny tiny dots and colour buttons on the back)...I didn't start it until after the 1st May.....I have some other white fabric that I can use...now to choose what to make with it xxx

Catllar

« Reply #69 on: May 09, 2017, 22:11:57 PM »
We need a fish emoji!

AN emporium
SEVERAL emporia

Not very heducated lol

I still think it's cheating

No snot cheating - it's in the first page destructions.

I'll have you know we have 2 button emporia in Perpignan Madam

Vegegrow

« Reply #70 on: May 09, 2017, 22:16:50 PM »
I'm not taking part in the Official White Sewalong but fish to join in the  fishalong
  :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish:
yayyyyyy
0_0
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

Catllar

« Reply #71 on: May 09, 2017, 22:20:07 PM »
Baja Another brown splodge soulmate!  I love your solution.

My fabric has such a tiny texture - it's a kind of shirting, so I doubt it'll show up.  All different colours? Why not?

Fortunately I hadn't chucked out the scraps UR. Well that's not quite true , they were already in the bins  so I had to pull them  out.

Hooray for fish!

DementedFairy

« Reply #72 on: May 09, 2017, 22:21:30 PM »
 :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish:

How do you make them swim?

TIZ cheating cos I say so and I'm older than you missy.

:fish:  :ninja: :fish:

C'est moi!

Vegegrow

« Reply #73 on: May 09, 2017, 22:24:27 PM »
You make the fishes swim by putting them in the middle of the brackets when you click the moving M button
:meow: :woof: :fish: :ninja: :devil: :toast: :toast:
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

BrendaP

« Reply #74 on: May 09, 2017, 22:36:55 PM »
I definitely didn't cheat with the buttons.  I spent ages rummaging through this lot trying to find some that didn't look yellow or dirty next to the sparkling white fabric.

Once a sufficient number of matching buttons had been found (they do match even though one is at a slight angle in the photo and looks a bit different) I was able to use the 'new' buttonholer in earnest and it did a good job 0_0.

Just one minor hiccup - in the final press I managed to get a small gungy brown mark on the tip of the collar  :angry: but it has come out so shirt complete, I just need it to be warm enough to wear outside to get a good photo.

:button: :vintage: :button: :vintage: :button:
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.