The Sewing Place

Craftsy Offer

Maximum

Craftsy Offer
« on: March 10, 2017, 11:23:57 AM »
For those of you that like Craftsy classes they are having yet another offer! All classes are under 20USD. For some reason that translates into £19.20 - I have no idea where their exchange rate comes from and have never got a sensible answer when I have queried the pricing outside of USA. If one of the more expensive classes is on your wish list the offer is good. Please be aware that if you purchase through the Craftsy app the price increases slightly due to app charges! I fell foul of that once and complained loudly but they were very quick to apologise and give me a free class. On the whole I find the classes good and Craftsy are easy to deal with and quick to put things right or refund if you are not happy.

Ohsewsimple

Re: Craftsy Offer
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2017, 14:17:13 PM »
Hahaha.  You beat me to it !  Yep just checked the app and it,s £19.99.  So a saving of 70p. Of course the more you buy the more you save  >:) I'm sure there is some twisted logic there somewhere.  0_0

Marniesews

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2017, 18:00:15 PM »
Oh, that's typical as I just bought one on Monday and could easily have waited.

Never mind, I can't really justify it now as I've a few waiting to be looked at, let alone followed which is ironic as I resisted Craftsy for so long thinking it was an expensive way to learn... and if I add up what I've bought since I relented, it turns out I was right - even with all the offers!  ><  ;)
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

Jo

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2017, 16:46:13 PM »
Craftsy have a few classes for 10$ today.
I'd have gotten Beverly Johnson's Sewing Swimsuits but...but...well, I'm a bit like rabbit on crack when it comes to discounted Craftsy courses. I still have a few I haven't watched yet, but when I see one that's discounted I'm like "WANT!!"
Anybody else have this problem?  :S

Ellabella

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2017, 20:54:16 PM »
I managed to resist this time as I have several unwatched classes but can heartily recommended the Beverley Johnson class if its still available.

elephun

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2017, 22:04:51 PM »
It seems like I already have watched  or have paid for the one sewing class included in these $10 deals each time they come up. I'm not complaining. That just means I've watched a lot of classes.  ;)

I'd be excited to see some new sewing classes, though.

Jo

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2017, 09:28:19 AM »
Any one class under $20 with code SummerSave. Expires June 20, 2017 at 11:59PM Mountain Time.

Ellabella

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2017, 14:44:45 PM »
Craftsy offer on again.  Any class for £19.12.

I think I'm going to do Pam Howard's Jacket Fitting Techniques. A jacket is my list and I do like her way of teaching.

McCalls 6172 is included in the cost so pretty reasonable.

If i click BUY I must not look at anything else ><

Marniesews

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2017, 15:30:53 PM »
If i click BUY I must not look at anything else ><

Good luck with that!  :D
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

Jo

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2017, 08:32:22 AM »
Another offer today: 11 classes for 11$
https://www.craftsy.com/a/sale/11-classes-for-11-7-13
I got the One pattern many looks: Pants.
Not that I really needed it or that I have a pants sloper...but hey, 11$ is practically free, right? RIGHT?!  :D

Maximum

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2017, 11:26:11 AM »
That trouser class is good with lots of hints and tips

Ellabella

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2017, 14:52:11 PM »
Should NOT have read this thread!

I looked at the trouser class and convinced myself it was not for me but now it seems it might just have droppd in my basket. :ninja: :ninja:

My pattern for the Pam Howard class arrived today so I can start playing with that.