The Sewing Place

Favourite Craftsy Courses/tutors?

Sewingsue

Re: Favourite Craftsy Courses/tutors?
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2017, 16:53:34 PM »
The sloper one gets you drafting and making a basic sloper to fit your body.  The other one is a follow on course using the sloper and then learning how to design different types of trousers etc.
Her courses are very good.  She explains things well.
Thanks, at that price too good to miss then.
:trousers:
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

Ellabella

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2017, 13:08:52 PM »
There's an offer on Craftsy at the moment and seen as I haven't bought one for a while I'm treating myself.

Any recommendations on fitting courses please?  At this stage I'm looking for making alterations to patterns rather than making my own blocks etc.

Is Sara Alm any good?

Tiggy

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2017, 11:03:51 AM »
I like the 'Sewing Shape-wear' course, by Beverly Johnson.

I also like the Susan Khalje courses.  She explains well, and illustrates the couture methods very clearly.

Kenneth D King is always a good bet, as are Pam Howard, Linda Lee and Alison Smith.

Pfaff Creative 4.5 ,  Babylock Gloria
Janome 3800QE

charlotte

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2017, 13:04:47 PM »
I second Alison Smith. I like the way she uses lots of different samples so you see all the different fabrics and techniques. I also like Susan Khalji. I did her couture dressmaking class, which is a lot more chatty in style, but you follow her making one dress from start to finish so you learn more about the overall process of making a whole dress, rather than lots of different techniques.