The Sewing Place

Needle Felting

Lowena

Needle Felting
« on: January 03, 2018, 18:10:04 PM »
I was given a needle felting kit for Christmas. This is my first ever attempt  -< I'm quite pleased with the result and will definitely have another go  :)
P.S. it's a seal pup in case you don't recognise it  :D
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Stitches

Re: Needle Felting
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 18:27:32 PM »
It's lovely

Acorn

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2018, 18:55:25 PM »
He's gorgeous - and such a sweet face!  I have a needle felting kit, but I haven't done anything worth showing with it.  I must have another go sometime.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Madame Cholet

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2018, 18:58:38 PM »
What an endearing expression, he's quite a handsome character!  :)

Ploshkin

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2018, 19:01:35 PM »
He's really sweet Low.  I haven't got a clue how you do needle felting, I must look it up.
Life's too short for ironing.

fajita

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2018, 22:07:49 PM »
Sweet little thing.

I've never done needle felting. Wouldn't have a clue where to start.

Iminei

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2018, 08:10:27 AM »
I was hoping you were going to post a pic Low, after you mentioned it yesterday somewhere. Its lovely, Well Done!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Sewbee

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2018, 08:53:12 AM »
That's lovely, Low!!!

Ellabella

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2018, 10:25:55 AM »
I love that seal Low, very cute.

Is needle felting where you stab the fabric repeatedly with a needle?

Could be very good for frustration or voodoo!

Vegegrow

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2018, 10:28:59 AM »
that's lovely Low .. He / She is really sweet....Needle felting is on my to do list ... ingredients are in the stash already.. perhaps I better find them to do in my upcoming enforced 'rest'
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

Lowena

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2018, 10:54:23 AM »
You start with strands of merino wool Ella. You put it on a foam pad and stab it repeatedly with a barbed needle ( ouch! ) You mould and shape it as you go.
It would be just the thing for you Veggie post op... it's easy, addictive and gets rid of frustration. :D
I have to be especially careful as I take anti coagulants and poor seal pup could have ended up looking like he'd been in a cull  :D
I'm off to source lore supplies.....
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Maximum

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2018, 13:58:23 PM »
Lowena what a very cute result  :). I've never tried needle felting but I like the idea of frustration busting with creative results.

Wosiebeegs

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2018, 17:59:35 PM »
He's really cute Lowena. I had my first go at needle felting using a kit recently, was fairly pleased with how well he turned out. (I think I've added a link!)

fajita

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2018, 18:03:34 PM »
Lovely snowman, but no link.

Marniesews

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2018, 21:38:18 PM »
My DD and I did a workshop after Christmas to make a needle-felted hare. We're both crafty-minded but come from different directions, I sew while she creates with wood, paint and lino prints so it was lovely to do something like this together. Turned out we're more alike than we realised as we both chose the same colours and a spotty bow tie.

I'd rather like to do another workshop making birds - workshops work best for me, more expensive I know but it's a nice day out with other crafty people and I know if I got a kit it would probably sit in the cupboard for years...like my silk painting kit from the early 90s!
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.