The Sewing Place

Call for moderators!

Francesca

Call for moderators!
« on: January 05, 2018, 17:24:51 PM »
Call for moderators!

As TSP's first year nearly draws to a close, we'd like to consider adding a few more volunteers to the administration. We're looking for three moderators to go forward with in our second year of running.

Global Moderators

What is a global moderator?
A global moderator has the ability to moderate on any part of the forum, rather than being limited to just particular areas.

What are the duties of a global moderator?
The duties include making sure members adhere to the membership agreement and use best judgement when dealing with those who break it. As per our membership agreement we'll defend to the death your right to make your point, however unpopular it may be.  However, you do not have a right to flame other members - this is an important aspect of an open and fair forum so moderators need to keep cool and remain above the topic.

Do I get anything in return?
You will gain full access to all perks that subscribers receive without the monthly/annual fee as thank you for your service.

What do I have to do/be to qualify
  • Be present on the forum regularly. A few times a week is great. Daily is ideal. We understand sometimes life gets in the way.
  • Be willing to talk to the admin off the forum as well as on (e.g telephone calls when required)
  • We ask that you have been a member of TSP for at least 3 months

If you think you'd like to be a moderator, please send a message to me with a short paragraph about why you think you'd be a great moderator. We will only be appointing two moderators at present, but as the forum grows we will need more and you will still be considered even if you are not appointed this time.

Sewalong Moderator and Organiser

What is a sewalong moderator and organiser?
One of the suggestions for the following year was more consistent sewalongs. This is an area of the forum we would really like to improve on but it is quite time intensive. Therefore we are looking for a moderator who can run the sewalongs. You will be in charge of running the sewalongs yourself, but assistance will be provided.

What will I moderate?
The sewalong moderator will only have the ability to moderate forum content within the Sewalong and Competition forum.

What are my responsibilities?
  • Help develop the sewalong calendar with input from the membership
  • Post the sewalong threads and voting
  • Answer all questions relating to the rules of the sewalong (also developed by you) to make sure that the entries are fair to all
  • Compile pictures of entries and upload them (advice and direction will be given)

Please note, this role means you will no longer be able to win a sewalong due to conflict of interest but you will be able to "play along" should you choose to.

Do I get anything in return?
You will gain full access to all perks that subscribers receive without the monthly/annual fee as thank you for your service.

If you think you'd like to be a sewalong moderator, please send a message to me with a short paragraph about why you think you'd be a great sewalong moderator.