The Sewing Place

Temperature blanket

Pearl

Temperature blanket
« on: January 07, 2018, 09:34:18 AM »
This idea popped up on fb this week so I thought I'd give it a go.  I have allocated a colour to each temperature range and am knitting two rows of garter stitch every day in the colour that corresponds with the maximum temperature for the day.  So far, its very blue but I think today may be lavender!  At the end of each month, I am going to do two rows of black or perhaps grey.

Ellabella

Re: Temperature blanket
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2018, 10:48:15 AM »
I like the look of these but am doing a mitred square one at present and can't cope with two.

I like your colours Pearl, how many stitches have you chosen?

Pearl

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2018, 11:01:18 AM »
I did a mitred square one first.  <3

I'm using a circular needle and have about 200 stitches (I didn't count).  I'm looking forward to seeing how the pattern develops over the year.

Vegegrow

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2018, 11:28:36 AM »
so if it turns really cold you need to buy more  blue or do you have a suitable wool stash  :wool: :wool:  :wool:
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

Pearl

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2018, 11:36:37 AM »
I've bought wool of each colour, more balls for the middle range colours. 

Fiona M

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2018, 13:52:37 PM »
It's a lovely idea for a blanket!  I hope it doesn't all end up blue though  0_0

LeilaMay

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2018, 13:54:26 PM »
Oh wow, what a wonderful project! can't wait to see how it goes :)

Pearl

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2018, 14:14:56 PM »
It's a lovely idea for a blanket!  I hope it doesn't all end up blue though  0_0

Ha, ha, me too!

Not too late to join in, LeilaMay.  I'm using the Accuweather website for the temperature.

LeilaMay

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2018, 17:23:21 PM »
I have just finished a blanket, and I'm now knitting stripey socks with all my part balls  :)

"I may be some time. . . "

insert knitting icon  :)

toileandtrouble

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2018, 22:29:32 PM »
Oh, just read this as 'Temperance blanket'.  Perhaps if you knit a row every time you are tempted to have a drink?
Yarn down:  1000g
Fabric down:  29m

Pearl

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2018, 23:48:10 PM »
Oh, just read this as 'Temperance blanket'.  Perhaps if you knit a row every time you are tempted to have a drink?

Then it wouldn't take a year to finish, tandt.   :D

b15erk

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2018, 09:34:37 AM »
Love this idea Pearl, hope you get to warm colours soon, although I do love blues and lavenders (and all the other colours on the spectrum!)

I'm struggling to pick the needles up atm, post Christmas inertia perhaps?

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Vegegrow

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2018, 09:49:29 AM »
As a family that live by the weather... farming will do that for you ...DH  :devil: would like additional information in a blanket as well as temperature he would like rain ice snow and wind recorded as well.... :fish:

@Jessie... Rabbit season will soon be upon us  :*
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

b15erk

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2018, 09:53:40 AM »
Ducks this year Veg!!  It's 3 Jemima's this year  :)  Maybe a bunny or two may sneak in.....  :loveit:

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Vegegrow

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2018, 10:10:46 AM »
Ducks this year Veg!!  It's 3 Jemima's this year  :)  Maybe a bunny or two may sneak in.....  :loveit:

Jessie

Better start now Jessie....

sorry about the thread swerve Pearl
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 10:49:11 AM by Vegegrow »