The Sewing Place

The Thing...

Madame Cholet

The Thing...
« on: March 10, 2017, 18:38:47 PM »
Not so very long ago I bought a Bernina 910 from an avid quilter who had recently upgraded to a shiny new computerised Bernina. Included in the purchase was a carrier bag stuffed with fab Bernina goodies she no longer needed (... including loads of luverly feeet! 0_0 0_0 0_0) We started going through the bag contents together so she could show me what was what. Then she handed me The Thing.

The Thing is flattish, and is made of colourless clear plastic. It is 7 and a half inches long. One end is a 4 and a half inch curved triangle which tapers to a stem which is 3 inches long by about a quarter of an inch.

I asked her if it was something that came with her new machine and had perhaps been put into the bag by mistake? She smiled and said no, she had no idea what it was, and that I was welcome to it.

Does anyone here know what it could be?

It has what I assume to be a parts number on it: 030 726 >PA 12<

I will post a pic when I have worked out how to  8)
(Edit: Hurrah! Did it!  See below...0_0)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 18:57:41 PM by Madame Cholet »

Efemera

Re: The Thing...
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2017, 19:51:02 PM »
A seam guide  for an extention table....no idea how it works

Swisslass

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2017, 20:11:54 PM »
It's a seam guide - it somehow fits on the right hand side. I've seen them in use in my sons school - they sew on 530's
I'd like to think I was inspired, but maybe sewing is just hard wired

Madame Cholet

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2017, 20:29:09 PM »
Thank you !
I have found a link to one now:

http://www.bambersew.com/bernina-sewtable-guide-789-p.asp

"(clipped from above link)...The Seam guide for Slide-on free-arm table is a useful aid for precise edgestitching on wide hems and edges. Since the Slide-on free-arm table extends the work surface without affecting free-arm function, it’s ideal for sewing larger tubular or closed items such as skirt hems or bags.

The seam guide can be attached to the Slide-on free-arm table in seconds and lets you topstitch wide edges and hems effortlessly. In addition to the Seam guide for Slide-on free-arm table, BERNINA also offers special extension tables for the embroidery module as well as for quilting. Special seam guides support neat stitching with even spacing between seams, ensuring professional results.

Will it fit my Bernina?
030 726 70 01 will fit models 125 - 240, 430, 440 QE, 435, 450, B 560, B 580, 630 & 640
033 046 70 00 will fit models 330 - 380, 530 & 550
"

Mystery solved  8)
With it being for the newer Bernina models I cannot help but wonder if she did part with it by mistake?  -<