The Sewing Place

Coatigan

jen

Coatigan
« on: January 11, 2018, 15:52:06 PM »
Suggestions for patterns or links to rtw garments I might bat off for a longish cardi bordering on coat to make in a wool jersey would be gratefully received. I've had this jersey forever, bought it to make a dress, then went off the idea. I think I'd get a lot more use out of a top layer. It's a plain green fabric, so something which has a bit of style to compensate for zero fabric interest would be good.

Sewbee

Re: Coatigan
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 15:59:43 PM »
Someone told me about Woolovers. They have some lovely coatigans in their catalogue.

www.woolovers.com

UttaRetch

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2018, 16:05:37 PM »
Here is a purportedly free download of the

Shauna coatigan.

Sewbee

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2018, 16:06:45 PM »
That's lovely, Utta!

Francesca

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2018, 16:21:29 PM »

UttaRetch

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2018, 16:22:48 PM »
This

is the Sapporo from Papercut Patterns and is available in both print and download versions.

Lizzy777

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2018, 21:23:46 PM »
I have this pattern in my basket at present. Was waiting to see if McCalls patterns were going to be reduced any day soon (have been waiting for two weeks now).

It seems to be quite a versatile pattern. I have some jersey already for it.

http://www.sewdirect.com/cgi-bin/sh000003.pl?WD=mccalls%207476&PN=McCalls%2dM7476%2ehtml#SID=2282

Oh! I just noticed it is a 'learn to sew ' pattern. Not noticed that before, although am sure it is ok?
I just chose it as I liked the pattern and had some jersey in mind for it. I'm not a learner or a novice but the pattern looks good.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 21:29:43 PM by Lizzy777 »

Morgan

« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 09:39:05 AM by Acorn »

mudcat

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2018, 04:02:07 AM »
The Sapporo from Papercut Patterns and is available in both print and download versions.

I have this one and it's on my list to do soon.  I recently completed the Papercut Kochi Kimono and was quite pleased with the pattern draft and fit. Looking forward to making the Sapporo.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 04:07:28 AM by mudcat »

UttaRetch

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2018, 08:29:45 AM »
Someone told me about Woolovers. They have some lovely coatigans in their catalogue.

www.woolovers.com

I like

and am sure there is a jacket/coat pattern that might suit.

Sewbee

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2018, 08:31:43 AM »
Really lovely, Utta! I might see if I can build that into my 6PAC. :)

b15erk

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2018, 09:20:37 AM »
I downloaded the template for the Sauna Coatigan (nightmare to sign in to the website), but, it is only the pattern, no instructions unless you buy the magazine.

No problem at all for you lot I'm sure!

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

jen

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2018, 12:16:18 PM »
So many possibilities now! I've looked at all of them and it's helping me clarify what might work. I love the Papercut Patterns one, and the one from Bootstrap with a similarly bulky shape. I need to pull this fabric out and play with it a bit, because both of these look as though they'd be great with one of those knits with a bit of texture and bulk. In my mind my fabric is thinner, not a thin drapey jersey, but not a hefty one either. Other likes - the pocket detail on the Style Arc and the neckline on the Woolover one. Thanks for all of the great input ladies! Let us know when you get to cut out the Sapporo Mudcat.