The Sewing Place

Poll

What should be the first competition in 2018? (3 votes per member)

My signature collection - create a mini wardrobe of 9-12 pieces over a few months (there will be some rules, but I'll try to include everybody's dress style/preference
13 (9.5%)
A 'new to me' pattern - garments, accessories... anything goes as long as it's based on a pattern
6 (4.4%)
'What I'd love to have in my closet' (anything but a skeleton goes)
7 (5.1%)
I have a special occasion to go to and nothing to wear
5 (3.6%)
A 'new to me' technique on a finished item (anything from bound buttonholes, free motion quilting, to a set in sleeve counts)
6 (4.4%)
Facing my fear: techniques, fabrics...
5 (3.6%)
Pattern matching (accessories/garments), the pattern can be florals, tartans, stripes...
3 (2.2%)
I need more lace in my life (anything goes, as long as lace is being used)
7 (5.1%)
Fabric manipulation (felting, painting, embroidery, batik, tie dyeing.....)
5 (3.6%)
Unselfish sewing (for your other half, a friend, a relative) - anything goes
7 (5.1%)
Tart up your tartan - clever or unusual use of plaids in garments
6 (4.4%)
Florals rule - garments
9 (6.6%)
Life's a beach - swim wear, beach bags, cover ups
4 (2.9%)
Design Challenge - one pattern 3 ways
14 (10.2%)
Craft challenge: design and make co-ordinated storage solutions
0 (0%)
Piece & Quilt: a sudoku sampler of 'new to you' patterns and/or techniques and follow up with a main project that uses two or more of the new techniques
1 (0.7%)
Refashion, Upcycle or Recycle (anything that came from a second hand shop, something handed down to you etc.) – garments or accessories
11 (8%)
Mate your orphans competition – make two pieces that go with an orphan in your closet (the orphan can be a garment, a bag or a pair of shoes)
8 (5.8%)
'Inspired by..." - make your own version of a RTW garment, be it high end or just something seen on the high street
7 (5.1%)
'Look what I did with my scraps' - garments, accessories , quilts....
13 (9.5%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Voting closed: January 23, 2018, 10:12:48 AM

The votes are in: competitions in 2018

UttaRetch

Re: The votes are in: competitions in 2018
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2018, 16:29:05 PM »
Sorry, I am being dense.  Is the poll open for the next round of voting and if so, I still think the 'question' needs to be changed as we have already had the first competition of 2018.
What goes around comes around.

Francesca

« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2018, 16:48:21 PM »
@UttaRetch I don't think the poll is open again. Manuela posted the winning top selection from the previous poll and presumably is deciding which from those should be next (hence my suggestion at florals as it's on the cream of the crop list).

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2018, 18:15:59 PM »
I don't think we've really done anything official but myself and @DementedFairy both have diaries in the Member's Diaries section for wardrobe planning and DF is following the 6PAC rules closely where I am doing a little here and there.

Right. In January Manuela posted a list of the top  5 finishers, indicating which ones would be coming up soon. I reposted that list yesterday after I found it. I wasn't here regularly until March so keep finding new to me "old news".

@Francesca, thanks. I had noticed your and DF's diaries. I was hoping that the 4-6 PAC sewalong idea would turn up as a sticky topic.

Manuela

« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2018, 03:29:38 AM »
The next competition will be:
refashion, upcycle or recycle competition (anything that came from a second hand shop, something handed down to you, something you had in a cupboard for ages in order to do something with and forgot about, something that fitted you or liked once but not anymore, etc.) – garments or accessories

DementedFairy

« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2018, 09:31:03 AM »
cool!  I have several wardrobed items that I want to rescue.  I may have several entries for this one!
C'est moi!