The Sewing Place

Poll

What should be the first competition in 2018? (3 votes per member)

My signature collection - create a mini wardrobe of 9-12 pieces over a few months (there will be some rules, but I'll try to include everybody's dress style/preference
13 (9.5%)
A 'new to me' pattern - garments, accessories... anything goes as long as it's based on a pattern
6 (4.4%)
'What I'd love to have in my closet' (anything but a skeleton goes)
7 (5.1%)
I have a special occasion to go to and nothing to wear
5 (3.6%)
A 'new to me' technique on a finished item (anything from bound buttonholes, free motion quilting, to a set in sleeve counts)
6 (4.4%)
Facing my fear: techniques, fabrics...
5 (3.6%)
Pattern matching (accessories/garments), the pattern can be florals, tartans, stripes...
3 (2.2%)
I need more lace in my life (anything goes, as long as lace is being used)
7 (5.1%)
Fabric manipulation (felting, painting, embroidery, batik, tie dyeing.....)
5 (3.6%)
Unselfish sewing (for your other half, a friend, a relative) - anything goes
7 (5.1%)
Tart up your tartan - clever or unusual use of plaids in garments
6 (4.4%)
Florals rule - garments
9 (6.6%)
Life's a beach - swim wear, beach bags, cover ups
4 (2.9%)
Design Challenge - one pattern 3 ways
14 (10.2%)
Craft challenge: design and make co-ordinated storage solutions
0 (0%)
Piece & Quilt: a sudoku sampler of 'new to you' patterns and/or techniques and follow up with a main project that uses two or more of the new techniques
1 (0.7%)
Refashion, Upcycle or Recycle (anything that came from a second hand shop, something handed down to you etc.) – garments or accessories
11 (8%)
Mate your orphans competition – make two pieces that go with an orphan in your closet (the orphan can be a garment, a bag or a pair of shoes)
8 (5.8%)
'Inspired by..." - make your own version of a RTW garment, be it high end or just something seen on the high street
7 (5.1%)
'Look what I did with my scraps' - garments, accessories , quilts....
13 (9.5%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Voting closed: January 23, 2018, 10:12:48 AM

The votes are in: competitions in 2018

Manuela

Re: The votes are in: competitions in 2018
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2018, 03:29:38 AM »
The next competition will be:
refashion, upcycle or recycle competition (anything that came from a second hand shop, something handed down to you, something you had in a cupboard for ages in order to do something with and forgot about, something that fitted you or liked once but not anymore, etc.) – garments or accessories

DementedFairy

Re: The votes are in: competitions in 2018
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2018, 09:31:03 AM »
cool!  I have several wardrobed items that I want to rescue.  I may have several entries for this one!
C'est moi!