The Sewing Place

Just popping in....

Seweasy

Just popping in....
« on: January 16, 2018, 12:04:44 PM »
Hello everyone, and my apologies for not being around much at all since the forum started.....but it's lovely to pop in and see it has grown and is doing very well..... 0_0....Congratulation to everyone concerned, you have all clearly worked hard since TSF dissapeared...Thank you.

As for me, life has been a bit 'full on' over the last 18 months and I have thought of you all a lot, I have popped in once or twice to try to keep up with everyone....(and for some quiet time)....and I will try to pop in more this year...however, the New Year has started pretty much the same way as it ended..... busy.... ! ! ! I have managed to get 'some' sewing tasks done in between the ups and downs of life, albeit a few small quilts...sorry no pics as they were made as presents / gifts for friends and I had to make them 'quickly'.... :( also I've done a few small sewing tasks/ jobs for other people too.....but nothing major ....however, our family has a wedding coming up later this year, my son is getting wed to his longtime fiance, ...YAY....(they have been together for ten years so it's about time...lol.. :*.) and I've been asked to make the bridesmaids dresses for my grandaughters now aged five and two, which I'm looking forward to doing. So, with that in mind I hope to see more of you all soon.....keep sewing  x x x

I'm so much better at buying fabric, than  I am at using it up....

Vegegrow

Re: Just popping in....
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2018, 12:12:57 PM »
Good to see you seweasy.. I've just made a little dress for the first time in ages and it was lovely too do something pretty rather than curtains or blinds  :loveit:
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

Seweasy

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 12:31:05 PM »
Know what you mean, as much as I love making quilts and things for the home, I do feel more relaxed when sewing or  making something to wear....We all went fabric shopping to Abakhan in Mostyn on Saturday for the bridesmaids fabric...yes the whole family, my hubby, (who gave up after an hour)...my Daughter in law to be, my son and the two girls.... lol... bless him, my son lasted the whole two and a half hours... :*

Kenora

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2018, 22:25:19 PM »
Hi Seweasy - I don't believe we've met before - I've only been a member of TSP for a few months but I was a regular "lurker" on TSF. It's lovely to meet you.
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

Surest1tch

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2018, 20:33:49 PM »
Hi, welcome Seweasy

poptart

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2018, 08:45:15 AM »
Hi Seweasy!

Wow, you've got a lot on your plate this year. And a family wedding - how exciting!  :)

Seweasy

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2018, 11:29:39 AM »
Hi Kenora and Surestitch, lovely to meet you too....I'm looking forward to making the bridesmaids dresses, the time is going by so quickly, only five months to go...plans are going well and I'm starting to take measurements from the grandchildren to make toiles, so I can make some summer dresses as practice... :)