The Sewing Place

Clappers

SkoutSews

Re: Clappers
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2018, 15:48:21 PM »
What is it about this forum? Yesterday morning I was happily ignorant about clappers. After following this thread I feel that I need one and found myself browsing etsy, "Ooh, look at the nice softwood clapper, look how smooth....."

It's like passing through the Valley of Temptation.

Tamnymore

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2018, 16:29:37 PM »
Yes indeed. Welcome to the valley of temptation. Resistance is futile.....  :D
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

SkoutSews

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2018, 16:36:12 PM »
Get thee behind me  :devil:

maliw

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2018, 17:50:22 PM »
We are great enablers ;)
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Vegegrow

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2018, 19:45:25 PM »
 we are just very helpful  :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

Roger

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2018, 08:56:29 AM »
What is it about this forum? Yesterday morning I was happily ignorant about clappers. After following this thread I feel that I need one and found myself browsing etsy, "Ooh, look at the nice softwood clapper, look how smooth....."

I was just thinking the same!
A bit of a vintage sewing machine nut! Singers: 500a, 401g, 48k Elnas: lotus SP & grasshopper, Bernina 530-2 F+R 504, Pfaff 30, Cresta T-132

Manuela

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2018, 15:22:25 PM »
To add to the enablers: I love my clapper, it make such a difference to how a collar turnes out - not only in wool. We're having a bit of a cold spell here and Mr Manuela wore Sherlock coat No 2 (a classic Ulster coat with capelet) I made for him 2 years ago. I couldn't help but stroking collar and lapel - all done using the clapper.  :loveit:

Feel free to rummage around in my Flickr Albums for pictures of him wearing it.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 13:57:01 PM by Manuela »

Tamnymore

« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2018, 17:55:26 PM »
Wow yes. Sharp collar. Indeed sharp coat.  I love that style and you have done a fabulous job on this one @Manuela. And I see that you used proper Donegal tweed too. I agee that clappers are definitely  a good idea.
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

sewingj

« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2018, 18:25:28 PM »
We are great enablers ;)

It`s not restricted to sewing stuff - I`ve just been reading about Vege`s gadget for picking things up off the floor and now I`m convinced that I need one!

Bowerbird

« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2018, 21:36:44 PM »

Not so much as passing through as bouncing from one thing to the next, so more like being stuck in the pin ball machine of temptation. Is there even a way out?