The Sewing Place

Spring 2018 Knitting & stitching show - LONDON

Francesca

Re: Spring 2018 Knitting & stitching show - LONDON
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2018, 20:11:00 PM »
If you don't make it to the show but still want the guage, you can get it from Jaycott's or guthrie and ghani.  Jaycott's is cheaper, but don't hang about if you decide to order as the guages go out of stock once all are sold.

Oh I had no idea they were that easy to get! When I last looked, they couldn't be bought in the UK. I just ordered from Jaycotts :ninja: Payday was yesterday so it's a nice treat even though I am not planning anything with buttons for a few months.

UttaRetch

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2018, 21:45:10 PM »
They've become easier to get since I last looked.  Jaycott's had been out of stock for months and the only other place that has them is Quilt direct, but now out of stock.

Marniesews

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2018, 15:49:03 PM »
Well we finally got there on Saturday and the only travel problems we had in the end were our car sliding sideways around Milton Keynes Park and Ride! We even managed to find chairs to sit on each time for food stops and cups of tea! Probably wouldn't have been so lucky on a normal show Saturday.

My haul is more modest than from Ally Pally but I'm happy with it and the day out - especially seeing all the African prints, I've even found one that I think will work on me!

However, my husband wasn't so impressed with all the non-sewing related stalls (except the cakes of course) and said he enjoyed the greater amount of space allocated to displays of work at Ally Pally...so I can only assuming we'll be going there in October! Surely?
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

UttaRetch

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2018, 18:20:11 PM »
Glad you managed to make it and the trip was worthwhile.  I stopped by the African fabric stand, but didn't buy.  I think there will be a Hobbycraft show at ExCel and I might go if I have nothing better to do and can get a cheap enough ticket.  This is a really small venue though and a bit of a schlep from Custom House station.