The Sewing Place

Spring 2018 Knitting & stitching show - LONDON

UttaRetch

Spring 2018 Knitting & stitching show - LONDON
« on: January 21, 2018, 19:00:51 PM »
The Spring 2018 Knitting & stitching show is now being advertisedGroupon is selling tickets at £6, BUT this is only for the first day and after 3pm.

b15erk

Re: Spring 2018 Knitting & stitching show - LONDON
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 14:01:55 PM »
Too far for me UR, but look forward to hearing from those who do go.

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

UttaRetch

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 14:09:37 PM »
I posted more in hope, but experience has shown that there is very little interest in the London leg of the Knitting & stitching shows.  I have already secured a £10 ticket from an agency.  It will be interesting, however, to see given that companies can no longer levy a surcharge for paying by card, how much tickets cost from the organisers this year.

Marniesews

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 14:15:54 PM »
I'm going again, my husband is coming with me as he really enjoyed the embroidery & arty stuff when we went in October!  0_0

We want to go with the late night opening (1st March) but we want the full day so the Groupon deal's no good for us either. I got our last tickets from the agency you suggested, have you used the same one?
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

UttaRetch

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2018, 17:24:02 PM »
@Marniesews: I bought my ticket from here as they were the cheapest I could find when I started searching for tickets.

Olympia is a smaller venue, so there won't be as many exhibitors.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 17:25:49 PM by UttaRetch »

Francesca

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2018, 19:41:36 PM »
I'm going with Mum as she got a deal for £25 including coach travel. Hoping I can get a good value ticket somewhere, but need it for the Sunday.

Marniesews

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2018, 19:59:11 PM »
Olympia is a smaller venue, so there won't be as many exhibitors.

It will be plenty for us. It was the first show that I went to and the size suited me better than Ally Pally which we didn't quite get around fully.

We've also discovered we can get a train direct to Olympia from Milton Keynes with free parking if we park in the coachway & get a bus in with our free bus pass.
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

UttaRetch

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2018, 08:22:01 AM »
@Francesca: look at the link I posted for Marniesews.  I don't think you will find cheaper unless you have secret industry insider knowledge.  0_0

Francesca

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2018, 11:32:16 AM »
@Francesca: look at the link I posted for Marniesews.  I don't think you will find cheaper unless you have secret industry insider knowledge.  0_0

Excellent thanks! £10 a ticket is not too bad at all. And it'll be a nice day out anyway. I have a travelcard so I don't have any extra costs.

Will you be going? What day? Maybe if there are any TSPers going on Sunday we could have a coffee.

Shame that the Knitting & Stitching audience is not quite close enough to the work my company does. We usually get free tickets to things like Stylist Live and The Clothes Show.

Marniesews

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2018, 12:22:13 PM »
Just got my tickets using your link @UttaRetch . Many thanks!  Really looking forward to it. :D

UttaRetch

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2018, 13:09:03 PM »
@Marniesews: glad to help.
@Francesca: that is a good price and the same as I paid last year from a different ticket agency.  I always go on the first day of the exhibition as I don't have the constraint of paid employment or negotiating with HR for a day off.  0_0

UttaRetch

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2018, 16:53:06 PM »
I made it to the first day of the show and was particularly pleased that I made the effort.  I stopped by at the free Lutterloh demo and whilst the system is probably not for me and too expensive at £99, the demonstrator was selling this

for £20, so @Francesca if you still want one of these you just need to sit though the demo.

@Madame Cholet: I saw this

and thought of you.  The only disappointment was there being no McCall pattern company stand.

Marniesews

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2018, 17:02:18 PM »
Glad you enjoyed it. I should have been there today too but the travel was a bit risky and I was concerned at being stuck in the cold after 7.30 as we'd be limited to travelling off-peak.

Fortunately I've seen that they will allow people with pre-booked tickets to go to the show on any day so I'm hoping we'll get there this weekend.

Francesca

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2018, 17:59:25 PM »
for £20, so @Francesca if you still want one of these you just need to sit though the demo.

Oh I dooooooo but I'm not going :( We decided not to go, though maybe I should reconsider and ask my Mum if she wants to go Sunday

UttaRetch

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2018, 19:16:31 PM »
If you don't make it to the show but still want the guage, you can get it from Jaycott's or guthrie and ghani.  Jaycott's is cheaper, but don't hang about if you decide to order as the guages go out of stock once all are sold.