The Sewing Place

Wanted - Black lace and PVC! OR perhaps VELVET (see PS)?????

BrendaP

Re: Wanted - Black lace and PVC! OR perhaps VELVET (see PS)?????
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2018, 20:30:17 PM »
I have some biggish pieces of black lace left over from my posh frock.

It's quite heavy, cotton or mostly cotton rather than poly, but it doesn't have scalloped edges.  You are welcome to have some of that.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Greybird

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2018, 23:05:22 PM »
Is that you Brenda? You look lovely!

Lizzielogs

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2018, 10:05:40 AM »
When looking for the pleather I found a couple of off cuts of shinier pvcish stuff.

One is 18" long and is 3" at its narrowest and about 8" wide for the majority of its length.  The other is 13" by 11".

If either of these are any good PM me your address and I'll pop them in the post for you.

Either would be fab Ellabella- thank you so much will PM you now...................................

Lizzielogs

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2018, 10:10:07 AM »
Sorry lizzielogs but it was what everyone else wrote that made me laugh out loud.

I have some 'Jet Black Crushed Stretch Velvet Dress Fabric' I bought just before Christmas and haven't used and have more than enough to give you some. If you think it may be suitable then just let me know how much you need and I will send it to you tomorrow morning? It's a nice weight and great quality.

Lizzy

p.s.I didn't see that velvet may do until now.

Thanks Lizzy to be honest I only thought about the velvet alternative after I had posted the plea! I need about 3inches wide and 2' long ...will PM you

Lizzielogs

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2018, 12:06:06 PM »
I have some biggish pieces of black lace left over from my posh frock.

It's quite heavy, cotton or mostly cotton rather than poly, but it doesn't have scalloped edges.  You are welcome to have some of that.

Absolutely flippin' marvelous Brenda - I only need a few scraps about 6" square or whatever makes up that sort of size, I have some narrow scalloped I'll attach for visual effect - I'll PM you thanks