The Sewing Place

Vogue Spring patterns

BrendaP

Re: Vogue Spring patterns
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2018, 12:43:43 PM »
I've always found that a lot of Vogue patterns look good on the envelope but they have a lot of ease which means, as DF says, they are bra revealing as soon as you move. :S 

Butterick patterns usually fit me better, and cost less.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

DementedFairy

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2018, 15:32:09 PM »
I've always found that a lot of Vogue patterns look good on the envelope but they have a lot of ease which means, as DF says, they are bra revealing as soon as you move. :S 

Butterick patterns usually fit me better, and cost less.

I love the Vogue styling though- I don't choose my pattern size until I've looked at the finished garment measurements.  I know I like a little negative ease on the bust for knits, but room for my fat belly, and choose accordingly.
C'est moi!

Tamnymore

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2018, 16:20:54 PM »
I can't say I've noticed a difference in ease between Vogue and Butterick patterns. It seems to vary frrom pattern to pattern (and I'm always adusting the fit anyway) but I have noticed the difference in price! One would expect to pay more for Vogue designer patterns (although preferably not as much as £15 a pop - I always buy in sales) but Marcy Tilton designs for Vogue so her patterns are a good bit more than sister Kathryn's who is with Butterick. I can't see any real difference in their design approach so I'm always pleased if it is a KT pattern that has caught my eye rather than an MT as I'll eventually get it for £4.50 or thereabouts.
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

UttaRetch

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2018, 13:33:07 PM »
The new patterns have now arrived in the UK.  I haven't checked for the differences, but some of the ones I pointed out are there.

sewingj

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2018, 13:50:27 PM »
I had my eye on 9300 but I am between an M and a L - and the M is in one pattern range and the L in another so I`m grumpy now.  Why can`t they over-lap?
(will have to see if I can find some finished measurements anywhere)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 13:56:21 PM by sewingj »

Tamnymore

« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2018, 15:56:02 PM »
If you order the new ones via sewdirect you'll get them half price at the moment. The new ones usually take a bit longer to get into the shops.

jen

« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2018, 11:01:05 AM »
I rather like 1579 though I need to think in terms of things that can be worn with flats,and allow a reasonable stride. So, probably completely impractical.

UttaRetch

« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2018, 16:53:17 PM »
My local fabric shop is currently having a half-price sale on Vogues.  I was able to resist. :D

Tamnymore

« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2018, 17:16:34 PM »
No reason why Vogue 1579 can't be worn with a nice pair of flat pumps   :D And if you really like a pattern it's worth getting it at half price for use later - especially Vogues which are so expensive full price.