The Sewing Place

Disappointment

Pearl

Disappointment
« on: January 27, 2018, 08:57:56 AM »
I am trying to concentrate on my UFOs this year but had booked a workshop, 'Transversions', with Jan Hassard in February.  This was the only new project I was allowing myself until I have 3 or 4 finished.  This week, I received a call to tell me that the workshop has been cancelled.   :(

Vegegrow

Re: Disappointment
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2018, 09:00:38 AM »
That's a shame Pearl... did they say why ? perhaps they will reschedule in the future
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

Pearl

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2018, 09:19:49 AM »
They didn't say but reimbursed me the fee so I don't think they are going to reschedule.  Now I'll have to find a new project.   :D

How are you feeling today, Vege?

Iminei

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2018, 09:27:07 AM »
See if you can find her Colourwave w/s anywhere ...
that is incredibly easy, amazing fun and extremely rewarding unlike the Strips Galore .... :angry:

The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Pearl

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2018, 09:35:17 AM »
See if you can find her Colourwave w/s anywhere ...

I did that workshop in the Autumn.  That's one of my UFOs.  Perhaps I should just finish that.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 09:45:25 AM by Pearl »

Kenora

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2018, 22:47:16 PM »
What a shame she cancelled - it's really disappointing when you've been looking forward to something so much. I used to go to painting workshops and would get more excited, day by day, as the date approached. Sometimes, though, the anticipation was better than the actual workshop.  :S :)
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath