The Sewing Place

Fairy Finking- wedding dress for a friend

DementedFairy

Re: Fairy Finking- wedding dress for a friend
« Reply #75 on: July 30, 2018, 05:00:06 AM »
The wedding took place on Saturday, and it looks like it went swimmingly.  Both bride and groom have thanked me sweetly for the dress, and she looked lovely.  We didn't go to the evening do [although invited] as I am partway through coming off my beta blocker prescription and feel headachey and a bit swimmy round the eyes as I adjust. 
However, I now get to blog the entire journey, and share all the pics.  Here's post #1 on the blog

Enjoy!
C'est moi!

Sewingsue

« Reply #76 on: July 30, 2018, 07:12:04 AM »
DF, no wish to interfere and I know you wouldn't do anything unwise, but you are coming off your meds with the doctor's approval and supervision aren't you?
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #77 on: July 30, 2018, 07:17:14 AM »
Just lovely.  :toast:
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

DementedFairy

« Reply #78 on: July 30, 2018, 07:18:06 AM »
DF, no wish to interfere and I know you wouldn't do anything unwise, but you are coming off your meds with the doctor's approval and supervision aren't you?
absolutely.  I'd balanced myself down to one a day which seemed to keep the horrible retinal migraines at bay, and now I'm looking forward to my new job, so the horrors of my ex boss are [hopefully] behind me, we agreed I should try giving it the push altogether.  I have no actual blood pressure issues, it was just that I was going blind every damn day...terrifying.
According to my doc daughter, the dose I was on  was very low in any case.  I don't like the horripilations and hallucinations I get with the damn stuff though!
C'est moi!

Iminei

« Reply #79 on: July 30, 2018, 07:44:41 AM »
Looking forward to part 2, very interesting and a stunning outcome x
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Ravingdoll

« Reply #80 on: July 30, 2018, 08:02:16 AM »
Definitely can’t wait to see the finished dress. You are a clever Fairy

Are you on Propranolol? I took them for a few years - not for migraines, another reason - and I had a bit of a rough ride coming off them but it was worth it just to stop having such vivid dreams.  I used to wake up exhausted! 

DementedFairy

« Reply #81 on: July 30, 2018, 08:18:21 AM »
Definitely can’t wait to see the finished dress. You are a clever Fairy

Are you on Propranolol? I took them for a few years - not for migraines, another reason - and I had a bit of a rough ride coming off them but it was worth it just to stop having such vivid dreams.  I used to wake up exhausted!
Yep they're the buggers.  Vital to stop the horrible loss of central vision that was hitting most days, but oh boy the broken sleep and horrible hallucinations!  Spiders on my face every damned night, and me at the bottom of the bed flailing and screeching.  Didn't do either of us any good.
C'est moi!

DementedFairy

« Reply #82 on: July 30, 2018, 08:20:51 AM »
Part 2, toile fitting and some decisions to make.  On the blog here.
Teaser?
C'est moi!

wrenkins

« Reply #83 on: July 30, 2018, 09:14:43 AM »
I'm not a very girly girl but I used to model wedding dresses for brochures and promotional material. Now I remember why I loved it so much. My particular favourite was a shell pink with 1 000 000 tiny buttons down the back.  :loveit:
Ah those were the days....
Fab dress DF. Hurry up with the next bit please.  :)
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

maliw

« Reply #84 on: July 30, 2018, 10:51:53 AM »
Just been reading your blog and catching up and the next part is------------.
Seriously, fantastic work DF.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

DementedFairy

« Reply #85 on: July 30, 2018, 12:48:52 PM »
Here's blog post #3 which takes us into April
C'est moi!

DementedFairy

« Reply #86 on: July 30, 2018, 13:15:20 PM »
As you command milady!  I'm mostly wrangling the various pics into some sort of order [IMGUR is a bit random when you upload to an existing album]
I'm also confusing myself with the order things were done, so I've had to keep referring to the timeline lol
Old age

Here's blog post #4, preparing for the final slog
C'est moi!

DementedFairy

« Reply #87 on: July 30, 2018, 14:02:21 PM »
And the penultimate post, #5, all the final sewing and final fitting/collection.  JUst the wedding itself to go

Last but one post you'll be glad to know!
C'est moi!

DementedFairy

« Reply #88 on: July 30, 2018, 14:31:35 PM »
Grand finale, photos snagged from FB from the wedding itself, with Ele's permission of course.  Final blog post #6
C'est moi!

annieg

« Reply #89 on: July 30, 2018, 14:35:42 PM »
I echo that "WOW".  The dress was beautifullllllllllll
 :D
Annieg