The Sewing Place

Fairy Finking- wedding dress for a friend

DementedFairy

Re: Fairy Finking- wedding dress for a friend
« Reply #90 on: July 30, 2018, 14:40:32 PM »
I'm really pleased I have pics of it all, as I've made many dresses over the years that only ever had a single snap, taken on a dress form, and no further record.  Such a shame.  Hurrah for blogging, Facebook, and IMGUR!
C'est moi!

Sandra

« Reply #91 on: July 30, 2018, 14:49:58 PM »
That's beautiful.  <3
I love to see weddings where people dare to do something a bit different.

So much work you put into it...and all that hand sewing  :S

Sandra.
xxx

DementedFairy

« Reply #92 on: July 30, 2018, 14:51:42 PM »
But it's the hand sewing that's fun [this was a lot though- second only to DD's lace COVERED wedding dress, and the wife's bead embroidery.]
C'est moi!

mudcat

« Reply #93 on: July 30, 2018, 15:03:56 PM »
The dress turned out lovely DF and so unique with the black lace.  I noticed that the dresses she tried on all seemed to fit perfectly.  Lucky her.  I have to admit, the grooms attire was a bit jarring. Not quite what I was expecting.    0_0

:toast:

Sewingsue

« Reply #94 on: July 30, 2018, 15:04:27 PM »
Absolutely beautiful dress DF. Hand sewing is fun? really??

I am definitely a conventional old bat - the bride was lovely - the groom????
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

DementedFairy

« Reply #95 on: July 30, 2018, 15:11:38 PM »
Absolutely beautiful dress DF. Hand sewing is fun? really??

I am definitely a conventional old bat - the bride was lovely - the groom????

Lol yes, well.  The MOB wasn't wildly impressed with his plans to dress in skateboarding/surfer gear either...and he could at least have put on some smart jeans, but hey ho, yoof of today lol
Last year's groom also fought against 'dressing up' but at least he invested in a Westwood shirt and some posh jeans for the actual ceremony, and went surfer later in the day.

Makes me feel old lol
C'est moi!

UttaRetch

« Reply #96 on: July 30, 2018, 19:20:52 PM »
Magical, missus.  I always thought you were a witch. ;)

maliw

« Reply #97 on: July 30, 2018, 20:04:45 PM »
 A-ma-zing, just finished reading your blog. The dress is gorgeous and I really like the colours. Have your hands recovered? I quite enjoy hand sewing but that must have taken hours. I hope you get a bit of a rest before the next one.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Catllar

« Reply #98 on: July 30, 2018, 23:24:51 PM »
Beautiful work DF. Shame it was let down by the scruff bag groom - has he no respect for his beautiful wife??
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

BrendaP

« Reply #99 on: July 31, 2018, 23:17:07 PM »
The dress is fantastic; you are braver than me to take on someone else's wedding dress. 

The bride looked lovely, and very happy.  Maybe she was expecting the groom to be dressed rather oddly.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Surest1tch

« Reply #100 on: August 01, 2018, 00:02:00 AM »
DF that dress is totally awesome. I hope you charged appropriately although somehow I doubt you did.

fajita

« Reply #101 on: August 01, 2018, 10:23:40 AM »
@DementedFairy   I'm so impressed. You've done a lovely job, she looks stunning.

My daughter (you met her once in Birminham) is getting married next year .......

Haha, got ya!

Actually she is getting married, but I think I'll leave the wedding sewing to the experts.

Samantha

« Reply #102 on: August 01, 2018, 10:45:20 AM »
Amazing. I am in awe of your skills. Really interesting to read your progess to on your blog too.

DementedFairy

« Reply #103 on: August 01, 2018, 13:07:00 PM »
DF that dress is totally awesome. I hope you charged appropriately although somehow I doubt you did.

It was a karma-balancing freebie actually.  Not something I'd do for just anyone!

@BrendaP Re the groom- yes, she was well aware of what he planned to wear, the idea was breaking convention and everyone to wear what they wanted.  I'm old fashioned enough to still think he could have stepped up a bit just for the ceremony! lol

@Fajita , we're all experts, go on, it's fun!
C'est moi!

wrenkins

« Reply #104 on: August 01, 2018, 13:35:56 PM »
My cousin had an unconventional wedding about 25 years ago before it was 'a thing'. The bride's brother was her bridesmaid and they all left in a red and white Citroen Dolly but at least the groom's jeans were full length.  0_0
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!