The Sewing Place

Hyperlink thingies

Lantana

Re: Hyperlink thingies
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2017, 19:20:18 PM »
BBC Newspage

Yah I did it... Just copied it symbol for symbol... ps there no red text anywhere on this thread  for me.. I'm sure I'm not colour blind

Did you HAVE to do that Vegegrow!

Oh ok it wasn't your fault ... resposibility for my own actions and all that. I've banned myself from going anywhere near news and current affairs programmes/sites but like a numpty pressed on the link to see if it worked and got Trump on my screen.  I'm going to need  :toast: to get over the trauma!

Anyway thanks to Fran for explaining all that .... not sure i've got it but at least I'll know which thread to come to when my brain is better engaged!

L X

Vegegrow

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2017, 20:16:05 PM »
Did you HAVE to do that Vegegrow!

Oh ok it wasn't your fault ... resposibility for my own actions and all that. I've banned myself from going anywhere near news and current affairs programmes/sites but like a numpty pressed on the link to see if it worked and got Trump on my screen.  I'm going to need  :toast: to get over the trauma!

L X

Apologies Lantana sending  :gin: :gin: :gin: :gin: :gin:
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

Lantana

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2017, 21:58:04 PM »
Thankyou  :flower: :flower:

Lady Violet

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2017, 16:48:44 PM »
A bit late to the party I know, but does this mean if it does not appear as red text (which mine does not) will it not work?
A bad start always has a good ending ☘

UttaRetch

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2017, 16:52:31 PM »
The red text was to draw our attention in how to make the link.  Some people, myself included, couldn't see the red.  If you practice the hyperlink as Fran has demonstrated, you will see how it works.

Lady Violet

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2017, 16:57:43 PM »
Thanks I will have to keep practising  ;)

sewmuchmore

« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2017, 17:28:43 PM »
[url]http://www.urbanthreads.com
 :'( just practicing as it seems i am reading a foreign language. No idea what i am doing but it obviously hasn't worked so sorry everyone you may have to live with the full hyperlink thingies in my posts.
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

UttaRetch

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2017, 17:54:12 PM »
urban threads

Instead of the closed square bracket, you should have put = and to make a 'short form', write the description followed by [/url].  Give it another go.

sewmuchmore

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2017, 18:06:00 PM »
= http://www.urbanthreads.com[url]
I am giving up now and going for a   :gin:
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

UttaRetch

« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2017, 18:48:34 PM »
Okay, see this

The next hurdle will be placing the short link where you want it in the sentence.  Took me a while to master that.  0_0

Francesca

« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2017, 19:25:58 PM »
UttaRetch's description is pretty good, not sure I can add much!

Lady Violet

« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2017, 19:42:06 PM »
Ah! Now I see, just need to figure out how to insert it into a sentence.  :)