The Sewing Place

Quilts for Foster children

sewingj

Quilts for Foster children
« on: January 01, 2019, 17:51:22 PM »
Am venturing very carefully onto the Dark Side to mention this which was on BBC News this morning:-
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/video_and_audio/headlines/46634599/the-group-of-friends-making-quilts-for-children-in-care

If you go to the Fostering network  website it says that they need more quilts
https://www.thefosteringnetwork.org.uk/helping-hands-quilts

It`s not my thing but I`m sure some of you have got quilts surplus to requirements!
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 18:32:41 PM by sewingj »

wrenkins

Re: Quilts for Foster children
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2019, 18:30:24 PM »
Hellooooo @sewingj   :devil:
Come away in and sit down.  :drink:  :cake:  :)
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Lowena

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2019, 19:18:08 PM »
Thank you so much @sewingj  I have several quilts looking for a home
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Fiona M

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2019, 20:02:15 PM »
I saw this on the news this morning and the children who received the quilts were most appreciative, it was lovely.

WendyW

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2019, 20:11:53 PM »
Lovely! Our local Human Services office (which oversees the fostering program here) has a Christmas party every year for the kids in care and gives them each a fleece blanket made by a local group. That group is unskilled in actual quilting, and for the under-2yo little ones, I've taken over making them all flannel baby quilts- about 15 per year.  Thanks for posting this, @sewingj, you've given me a bit of inspiration for our quilting group, which is currently floundering with some changing dynamics.

Pearl

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2019, 20:37:50 PM »
According to my social worker friend, Leicestershire foster children are given a quilt the day they go to their first foster carers.   <3