The Sewing Place

Ottobre dresses

dolcevita

Ottobre dresses
« on: March 12, 2017, 16:22:35 PM »
I'm making a couple of straight forward knit dresses from last autumn's Ottobre magazine.  I'll be using ponte, one in a pale slightly floral print and the other in navy.  I've made quite a few of Ottobre's dresses and they usually work out well.  Plain enough that they're easy to wear in the day, comfortable and smarter than jeans.

I've posted a pic of the traced off pattern in the gallery and will follow up with a few progress pics.

SkoutSews

Re: Ottobre dresses
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 10:09:29 AM »
Is this the jacquard ponte dress?  If so I made this one recently and was very pleased with the result. I put a bit on the length and did a FBA.  If I get a chance I'll put it on and take some photos.  It's definitely one I'll make again, great dress, very wearable.  It was quick to make, too.  No zips and the sleeves are sewn in before the side seam is completed, in a one-er, sleeve hem to dress hem. Though I didn't take enough care over matching the waist seams.  One side was fine, the other was a little staggered, so I covered it all up with a false belt slipstitched over the waist seam  :|

I'll look forward to seeing your version, DV.

dolcevita

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2017, 14:28:49 PM »
That's the one, Skoutsews.  I'm glad to hear the good report on the pattern as it looks good on the face of it and I think I should get plenty of wear out of it.  I cut out v.1 yesterday evening so should get it sewn up this week.  Sadly I have to clean the house this afternoon; I can't sew as we're snowed under at work and I wangled the time off for cleaning, not sewing.  Perhaps this evening.

SkoutSews

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2017, 17:28:14 PM »
Ah yes, it's so annoying when these little things get in the way of sewing!