The Sewing Place

Pattern altering or hacking

Samantha

Re: Pattern altering or hacking
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2018, 09:10:16 AM »
Thanks everyone for your help. I've decided to use the bodice of the vogue one @Goth Gardiner suggested, the filled back version as although I'm fine with sleeveless for a wedding I'm not ok with going braless!  0_0

UttaRetch

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2018, 13:51:50 PM »
It's a lovely pattern and I really like view E.  I hope you will put up a picture when done.

Samantha

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2018, 17:04:55 PM »
@UttaRetch yes if it turns out ok I will post photos  :D

Samantha

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2018, 14:18:21 PM »
A little update - I made a toile and it went together really easily and quick but...... I don't think I like it  :S I'm not convinced it does anything much for me. I think as a long evening dress it would look ok but a short version just wasn't quite right; bit too frumpy and too young for my age (not sure how could it be both but it was!) and a bit too bridesmaid-ish

So my next plan is to make the liberty silk into a shirt dress (I have a TnT pattern and I think the fabric would work well as a shirt dress).

And for the wedding I'm now thinking a dress like this so a plain style dress (I have two dress patterns that I've used a couple of times that would work) and a bold fabric with the contrast neck and belt bands. I've got my eye on this . I love foxes and I think this print has enough flowers on it so that the foxes don't really stand out too much, a little subtle quirkiness!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 15:30:57 PM by Samantha »

UttaRetch

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2018, 15:24:54 PM »
Ah that's a shame.  Still you have a fallback and I do love the fabric.  Onwards. :D