The Sewing Place

A finished UFO

maliw

A finished UFO
« on: February 08, 2018, 13:14:31 PM »
At last, this has been sitting in a box for at least two and a half years waiting for me to do something with it. Inspired by a photo in a book
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Jelly-Roll-Quilts-Perfect-Making-ebook/dp/B005CRRWH0/ref=sr_1_5?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1518095251&sr=1-5&keywords=jelly+roll+quilting+books
this one I think, it looked fresh and clean and I had a blue jelly roll stashed away, I made the top. So it must have been started over three years ago :| Well it's finally finished, quilted with simple straight lines and now put away with others until I decide to use it (probably in the summer) as a bed cover when it's too warm for the  duvet - well we live in hope. Very easy to do as it is only squares and rectangles.
Ooops forgot the picture.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Lowena

Re: A finished UFO
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2018, 15:51:38 PM »
That really is lovely, so fresh looking. As for it ever being warm enough to ditch a duvet .....  :D :D :D..... we live in hope  :D
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Iminei

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2018, 16:58:36 PM »
Thats beautiful Mali !
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Kenora

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2018, 21:14:19 PM »
Beautiful quilt - love the colours.  <3
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

Sheilago

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2018, 18:19:44 PM »
Lovely, Mali. Why not use it now, though.

I use my patchwork quilt all year round on top of my duvet! In winter I have a 13 tog plus quilt, in summer a 4.5 tog plus quilt, but I do live in Scotland in an old stone house. Using a quilt also saves me having to iron my duvet cover 0_0

rubywishes

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2018, 07:06:04 AM »
A beautiful fresh quilt Mali...very pretty and so effective. Makes me think of the beach and summer days.

Oh my goodness Sheilago...you iron your duvet covers!!  :o What a legend......I thought folding mine neatly was praise-worthy for me! Well....yes, come to think of it....if you knew me, this simple task would be praiseworthy, but ironing...oh my that's taking it to a whole new level of wonder that I'm not ever going to mention to Mr.Ruby for fear of him "raising the bar" in my weekly domestic achievements!!! LOL.
Juki TL2010Q, Juki DX7,  Singers: 1917 27K treadle (aka Gertie), 1957 99k (aka Vincent), 1951 99k knee lever (aka Shirley), 1950 99k handcrank (aka Alice), 1927 28K (aka Dora), 1947 201K treadle with motor conversion (aka Livvy)
....and the dusting and vacuming can wait!