Ottobre woman Spring/Summer 2018 designs

UttaRetch

Ottobre woman Spring/Summer 2018 designs
« on: February 09, 2018, 09:04:26 AM »
Patterns here.

Francesca

Re: Ottobre woman Spring/Summer 2018 designs
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 11:27:50 AM »
Really lovely stuff but I think I like their prints rather than actually liking the underlying pattern.

lakaribane

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2018, 13:09:45 PM »
Yeah, Ottobre doesn't do it for me but I think it would be good value for some people. I've never heard a bad thing about their drafting and I love the Real People models they use.

I also love the capsule feel of their collections. And I definitely need a chevron, batwing top in my life!

A lot of mothers love the kids issues.

Fiona M

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2018, 21:31:03 PM »
I think if I had been waiting 6 months for that edition to be published I’d be pretty disappointed.

blue mooney

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2018, 21:43:16 PM »
At first glance, this issue seemed like they didn’t include as many patterns as usual. But they have a higher percentage of woven patterns than usual, and I like that. There are at least three items I want to make from this latest issue.

However, I am a big Ottobre fan and at least half my sewing comes out of their magazine. I might not be perfectly objective.  <3
  • KDC likes this

Nevis5

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2018, 08:09:56 AM »
I've only ever tried to make one Ottobre pattern and although the fit was great, oh my goodness the TRACING!!!  Nearly drove me to distraction!  Took all day to trace a simple cardigan pattern, all those lines everywhere, absolutely impossible to define them.  I take my hat off to anyone who uses them regularly.  And I use Burda All The Time so it's not as though I'm unused to tracing.

UttaRetch

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2018, 08:22:26 AM »
Burda uses the same 'wiring diagram' in it's magazine, which is one of the reasons why I steer clear.  Tracing off patterns is tedious enough without frying your brain in the process. 0_0

Francesca

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2018, 10:59:23 AM »
The problem with Ottobre is unlike Burda they are not coloured...

I'm not too bad at tracing as I trace off new copies of everything.

blue mooney

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2018, 13:59:29 PM »
@Nevis5 , I agree that they are harder to trace than Burda. For some reason their layout seems to have more points of convergence to figure out. But their draft for tops fits me well and the patterns are usually pretty simple, so I make myself a calming beverage and trace.  :drink: or  :toast:

@Francesca , in my Ottobre Woman issues the lines are colored by style, but they don’t use the different patterned lines for the sizes the way Burda does. (Or did, it has been awhile since I bought a Burda magazine.) It does make following the correct line a challenge.

crafter

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2018, 15:02:59 PM »
Goodness!  I've never seen such a boring lot of patterns in my life. :D

Starryfish

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2018, 15:15:00 PM »
Nothing there worth buying the mag for.
A day without sewing is a day wasted.