The Sewing Place

Unicorns

Mama likes to make

Unicorns
« on: February 14, 2018, 12:53:13 PM »
Has anyone any patterns for soft toy or accessory unicorns they would recommend please. DD is mad about them!
2018 fabric used 12m.
2018 wardrobe items completed 6.

Manuela

Re: Unicorns
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 13:23:21 PM »

b15erk

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 13:39:24 PM »
I'm doing the FPP one that Sandra did, but finding it fiendishly difficult - like doing a wrong way round jigsaw!

http://www.robynie.com/unicorn-pattern/

Was that the sort of thing you were after?

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

b15erk

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2018, 13:42:23 PM »
Ah ha!  Found this on the Sewmag website - I think it's a free download too!

https://www.sewmag.co.uk/free-sewing-patterns/art-gallery-fabric-unicorn-toy

This might be easier than the FPP one.....

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Sandra

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2018, 13:54:17 PM »
Ah ha!  Found this on the Sewmag website - I think it's a free download too!

https://www.sewmag.co.uk/free-sewing-patterns/art-gallery-fabric-unicorn-toy

This might be easier than the FPP one.....

Jessie

I was just looking for this one. I'm sure I have the mag somewhere but can't find it.

Sandra.
xxx

b15erk

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2018, 14:01:57 PM »
You can download them online Sandra, but I've just been on the website, and it isn't behaving well at all, and won't let me log in.

When I checked though, I have a copy of this issue saved on the PC, I can send you a copy if you want?

Jessie

Sandra

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2018, 14:20:07 PM »
No. It's ok Jessie.  :) Thank you.

I was trying to find it for Mama likes to make...I have it somewhere but couldn't find it. I didn't know and couldn't remember which mag it had come from.
Unicorns are very popular at the moment aren't they?

Sandra.
xxx

b15erk

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2018, 14:22:41 PM »
If you get stuck just yell! 

Jessie

Iminei

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2018, 15:04:27 PM »

That is soooo cute !!!!!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

b15erk

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2018, 15:10:01 PM »
You've probably found it by now Sandra, if not it's issue 58.  There's a nice Flamingo in another issue too! :)

I've just printed both off, no idea when I'll make them!  It's Jemima Puddleducks for Easter.....

Jessie

Sandra

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2018, 16:49:01 PM »
Yay! Thank you...page 90.

I didn't look properly because I was reaching awkwardly over the back of a settee to where my mags are stored.

It is rather lovely isn't it? I think I spotted the flamingo.  :)

Sandra.
xxx

Mama likes to make

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2018, 19:25:51 PM »
Thank you so much for all the help. The fabric is fab and I definitely will give that pattern a try.

Unicorns are very popular here alright. I've made her a few things to wear with some cotton I got a few years ago when I did a lot of quilting and she has a few bits bough in the shop as well.
2018 fabric used 12m.
2018 wardrobe items completed 6.

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2018, 22:01:22 PM »
Don't know if you can get this in the UK but saw this at the grocers today.  Kellogg's Unicorn cereal. Almost bought some for the little girls next door.  :flower: Was going to post a photo but it was gigantic. I'm used to being able to modify the size in the opening image tag but it doesn't work here. It does on other SMF forums I belong too. I'll ask in tech later.  ;)

Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.