The Sewing Place

New shirt

Stitches

New shirt
« on: February 15, 2018, 09:14:50 AM »
My Husbands new shirt made from the Sure fit shirt kit. He has a rounded back so had to put a seam in the back to allow for this

b15erk

Re: New shirt
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2018, 09:35:51 AM »
Lovely job Stitches!  Never done a man's shirt before - my OH is fond of 'lables'  ><  ;)

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Ploshkin

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2018, 12:36:31 PM »
Nicely done, it's good to have a pattern that you know you can go to.
The only 'label' my DH will buy is George from Asda so I took it upon myself to make him a shirt last year - even he commented that the fabric felt lovely to wear.  So, I've got a couple more lengths of fabric to make some more as I rather like shirtmaking.

I've found Croft Mill good for Italian shirting fabric.
Life's too short for ironing.

Kenora

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2018, 22:47:06 PM »
I find shirts very satisfying to make too, although I've only ever made boys' sizes. The collars and cuffs are even more fiddly in the very small sizes.  :S Great fun though.
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

Ellabella

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2018, 23:20:00 PM »
Lovely shirt Stitches.

I've found Fabworks very good for shirting, I've made several for DH and when 100% cotton for £4 a metre is available the price per shirt compared very favourably to ready made.

mudcat

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2018, 03:32:36 AM »
Excellent job on the shirt.  I haven't sewn much for men but they sure are a lot easier to fit.

Samantha

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2018, 10:33:24 AM »
Very nice job. I've made my husband 4 shirts, the last one was almost perfect and he's worn it loads

Morgan

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2018, 11:18:49 AM »
Shirtmaking can be so satisfying. 
Will you make some more?

Stitches

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2018, 16:36:34 PM »
Many thanks for all your comments.Morgan yes I will be making him some more