The Sewing Place

Tutus that Dance UK Seminar

TTDSeminarsUK

Tutus that Dance UK Seminar
« on: March 12, 2017, 19:15:06 PM »
The registration for the next Tutus that Dance UK Seminar is now open. Please send us a private message and we will send you further information!  Or click on the link below for full details and online registration.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u0ap76rh5hi752y/Tutus%20that%20Dance%20UK%20Seminar%202017.docx?dl=0
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 19:34:30 PM by TTDSeminarsUK »

TTDSeminarsUK

Re: Tutus that Dance UK Seminar
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2017, 12:26:55 PM »
Just a reminder as the Seminar is filling up. If you wish to join us, please register soon.
UK TUTU SEMINAR 17-23 JUNE 2017
Tutus That Dance UK Seminars are specially designed for the UK dance scene (All England Dance Festivals, competitions etc.) and consist of classes for those just learning and those who want to hone their existing tutu making skills.
Our seminars offer the opportunity to:
--Discover what goes into making a professional tutu.
--Learn different bodice and skirt constructions methods.
--Learn how to alter patterns for design/fit, and practice fitting techniques on real dancers.
--Learn to how to design and embellish tutus, manipulate trims, dye net and appliqués.
-- Learn to make hair pieces , head dresses etc.
For more information please pm me or follow the link here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u0ap76rh5hi752y/Tutus%20that%20Dance%20UK%20Seminar%202017.docx?dl=0

HVM

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2017, 12:32:51 PM »
The advanced one is already full, I hear. These seminars were where I REALLY learned to make a tutu. Suzanne is a brilliant teacher. If you're new to tutu making you can't really do better than attend one of these.

Pia

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2017, 12:38:18 PM »
The Seminar is a great place to learn about not just the construction of the the tutu skirt and the bodice, but also about different types of net, trims etc., how to make plates, hair pieces etc. Plus ....to network (pardon the pun!) and meet other tutu makers.

Daisy Jane

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2017, 13:03:30 PM »
Just seen this post and have to say that I have been on these seminars in the past and now attend the advanced courses. I started with very little knowledge regarding the construction of tutus and how they should work with the dancer as she performs. Also how colour and design works under the stage lights.  Highly recommend to any new tutu maker.
Lover of tutus and all things sparkly. ......and the odd glass of the red stuff.

Topstitched

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2017, 16:18:38 PM »
I don't think I can make it this year but I've been to several tutusthatdance seminars in previous years.
Such an eye opener, Suzanne really knows her stuff after having been a dancer and worked in wardrobe as well as making and designing tutus.
So many things suddenly became clear.
Meeting the  other attendees was great too, nice to be able to talk about net and embellishments as much as we wanted (it makes my family and friends fall asleep!).

Georgie

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2017, 21:21:52 PM »
Is there a stretch tutu course this year?
Aka Trickybottom

TTDSeminarsUK

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2017, 09:54:40 AM »
Hi Georgie.  Yes, a stretch seminar is being planned for early September.  Details will be posted soon.  Can we tempt you?

Georgie

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2017, 19:40:05 PM »
I would love to do it, depends on the dates as I'm real busy at work in September.  I'd love to do the proper tutu one too but I'd want to do the whole thing, don't think hubby would stretch to paying for it though xxx
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 19:43:33 PM by Georgie »
Aka Trickybottom

TTDSeminarsUK

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2017, 20:43:41 PM »
Georgie - how about choosing either one class, ie, the bodice,  or a couple of classes to do and save the others for next time :-) ?

TTDSeminarsUK

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2017, 13:22:00 PM »
There are still a few spaces left on the Tutu Seminar for beginners and intermediate tutu makers.  All topics will be covered from altering the pattern, through to fitting, construction and final decoration for the basic bodice pattern and for the more advanced ones, plus a class on hair decorations (floral bun rings, beaded bun tiaras, tiaras) to complete your tutu.  The methods we teach are those set out and taught by the creator of the Tutus That Dance patterns, so you will end up with a professional tutu that is well constructed and easily alterable, that looks good both inside and out.

Would love to see those new to tutu making there , and those wishing to advance their skills, but you need to register soon before the seminar fills up. 

Please click below for more details and online registration.