Burda style academy FREE biker jacket sew-along
« on: February 16, 2018, 16:41:39 PM »
Details here.

b15erk

Re: Burda style academy FREE biker jacket sew-along
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2018, 16:44:29 PM »
Thanks UR.  All registered!

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

UttaRetch

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2018, 16:52:10 PM »
I've registered too, not that I will ever make it but a step by step guide may make Burda generally less frustrating for me.  I have just asked if the sew-along expires as I couldn't find anything about this.

Sewingsue

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2018, 16:57:05 PM »
Never fancied a biker jacket, but I do rather like the green version they show (it looks as if it is done in a slub silk?)
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

mudcat

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2018, 17:09:55 PM »
I rather like the green peplum version. But I probably won't make it since I prefer light cardigans in my desert climate.

Efemera

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2018, 18:06:16 PM »
Not for me...love the look when fastened up but not the big flappy bit when worn open..the peplum adds a nice touch.

UttaRetch

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2018, 19:38:47 PM »
I like the peplum version too, but I really think a biker jacket has to be sewn in substantial fabrics or at least one that can be reinforced.

Goth Gardiner

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2018, 00:14:59 AM »
Thank you ur  for telling us about this.

O have joined too . Not that I have time for anything so complicated at the moment but am vaguely wondering if it could become in a plether with sequined fabric on the arms.
There's no workman, whatsoever he be, That may both work well and hastily

Missie

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2018, 09:56:11 AM »
Thank you UR.  I've seen some coral faux suede that I've always fancied making into a biker jacket.  Think I'll have to give it a go now!

lakaribane

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2018, 13:24:20 PM »
I was commenting on biker jackets just this past week-end with Betsy of SBCC patterns. Someone on IG made their pattern in linen.

Being in the Caribbean, I am all over that idea!

I always download these free sewalong patterns, even when I already own them in the magazine! #burdafangirl4life

I will say, though, that I am *not* impressed with the quality of the courses on BSA. Free or paying, I just don't feel like they are as good as the better Craftsy classes.

UttaRetch

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2018, 15:04:23 PM »
Interesting.  I tried to watch the first course, but my browser fell over during buffering and I never went back.  Still I do like the pattern and may just see if I can get hold of an envelope version.