The Sewing Place

My new sewing nook in Thailand

mudcat

Re: My new sewing nook in Thailand
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2019, 03:23:38 AM »
In high school I sewed on the floor in my bedroom using my knee on the foot pedal. I can't imagine doing that today.  My back hurts just thinking about it.

Your nook is darling Manuela. 

wrenkins

« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2019, 08:40:18 AM »
I bet my sewing space would be like that if it was all in the one place! I have nooks on the coffee table, book shelves, kitchen table, ironing board (permanently up in the kitchen  ><), spare bedroom, other spare bedroom.....

Yip! Pretty sure it would look just like that! If I wanted....  >:)

Can anyone else smell burning?  :o
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

BrendaP

« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2019, 10:11:51 AM »
In the first post there's a pic of a rather large looking dining table. Then again, Manuela is probably still limber enough to do it on the floor, unlike us well aged specimens.  ;)
0_0

I think I spotted one of the GBSB contestants spreading a length of fabric over the floor.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Manuela

« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2019, 10:19:21 AM »
@BrendaP, as @Renegade Sewist said, just next to the sewing nook (which is a 1.90m x 1.55m corridor) is a rather large dining table (1.05m x 1.97m) where I cut.
I’m not nearly limber enough to cut on the floor, my back is way too bad for that...

Lyn-J

« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2019, 12:55:27 PM »
When we’re in Thailand, I stop sewing at 5:30pm for a gin & tonic watching the sunset
FGS  :D :D :D at 5:30pm I'm running around cooking dinner
Love the sea, but I'm content with my mini forest and inner city wild life.
I can only cut out on the floor, I get twinges in my back if I cut out on a table