The Sewing Place

Email from Sew Modern Bags

Ellabella

Email from Sew Modern Bags
« on: February 28, 2024, 09:41:48 AM »
Has anyone had an unexpected email from SewModernBags?

They recently had a bundle offer that I looked at but didn’t buy. Last night I got an email saying that the enclosed link would give me access to the patterns.

The salutation was just Hi but the email address looks legit, I’m worried it’s a scam but can’t be sure.

Bodgeitandscarper

Re: Email from Sew Modern Bags
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2024, 10:11:18 AM »
I've not had that email, although I did look at their bundle offer.  Never, ever click a link if you're not sure! 

Ouryve

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2024, 10:27:46 AM »
If you fully open the header for the email, is the address the same? Quite often with a scam, it's something nonsensical behind the spoof address.
Janome M50QDC - "Jane" - Small, cute and hard working. Pfaff Quilt Ambition 630 - "Pfanny" - Pfickle. Bernina L450 - "Bernie" - Very hungry. Bernina 830 Record - "Becky"

Ellabella

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2024, 11:20:19 AM »
I’m going to be good and ignore it, I’ve got far too many patterns anyway.  :rant: :rant: :rant:

Sara-S

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2024, 11:37:07 AM »
Don't click any links, but go directly to their website.  If it's  legit, you should see it there.
You can't scare me. I taught high school for 32 years.

Acorn

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2024, 11:58:17 AM »
I had that email last night.  At 11.04 I had a 'welcome' email from them, followed immediately by the offer. 

I bought the bundle almost a year ago, and I wonder whether they have had some sort of glitch making their system send out emails again.  I think you may have bought the bundle too @Ellabella

I clicked the link, and it is the same bundle.  Oh, and it got past my malware and virus checkers with no problem!
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Ellabella

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2024, 12:20:12 PM »
Thanks @Acorn , I no longer feel I’m missing out. I did buy it last year, it was a good bargain.