The Sewing Place

Any small bust pattern providers?

sewingj

Any small bust pattern providers?
« on: February 28, 2018, 09:00:21 AM »
I know most patterns are based on a B cup (I believe Collette are a C cup) but does anyone make patterns that are suitable for an A cup?  Even those with a range of bust sizes like the Simplicity Amazing Fit range start with a B.  And some of the more "petite" styles assume that the rest of you is small too (it isn`t!)

I`ve spent the last couple of days working out how to do a small bust adjustment and I think I am making progress but it would be nice not to have to do it on everything I make! 

Starryfish

Re: Any small bust pattern providers?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 12:10:07 PM »
Itch to stitch has several A-D patterns     https://itch-to-stitch.com/

They are PDF though, not that it bothers me, I like instant purchases. I haven't tried her stuff yet, but I have seen good reviews.
A day without sewing is a day wasted.

Francesca

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2018, 12:13:25 PM »
I've heard very good things about Itch to Stitch. For an indie, they seem to have a good rep for solid drafting experience unlike a lot of others.

lakaribane

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2018, 13:18:42 PM »
Sewaholic patterns say they draft for a B cup Pear shape but I don't believe that is accurate...

ClareInStitches

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2018, 17:00:17 PM »
Perhaps not quite what you were looking for, but might this post on Burda be of any use to you?

http://www.burdastyle.com/blog/quick-tip-adjust-your-pattern-for-a-small-bust

HTH.

Clareew

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2018, 17:01:38 PM »
Itch to Stitch patterns are really well drafted, they have interesting lines too.  Their instructions are brilliant too.

I made a Pauline Alice dress pattern for my daughter, who has very little bust, it fit very well and was well drafted.

sewingj

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2018, 19:26:01 PM »
Thanks Ladies
Itch to Stitch looks the most promising though she doesn`t have anything that appeals to me at the moment and her size guide is a bit vague - it would be good to have an idea as to how she determines cup size rather than just telling you to choose your bra size
I`ll have to keep looking

Clareew

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2018, 21:11:02 PM »
If you are on  Facebook, you can join the Itch to Stitch group.  Kennis usually replies very quickly to queries.