The Sewing Place

March's BOM - 3D house

Cheesecake

Re: March's BOM
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2018, 15:39:47 PM »
I wasn't expecting to like doing this block or my fabric choices so much.  It was much quicker and straightforward than I expected from when I first glanced at the instructions.

Iminei

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2018, 18:05:25 PM »
Yes sometimes trying to write what you do ends up more complicated  than actually doing it ... and this was one of those blocks!

They are wonderful and I love how you mixed it up ... Surely that the beginning of a small town ????
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Kenora

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2018, 23:55:58 PM »
...........  It was much quicker and straightforward than I expected from when I first glanced at the instructions.

That's reassuring, Cheesecake - I really do want to catch up with making all these BOM's but the more I fall behind, the more I put off starting any of them. :S
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

Sandra

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2018, 08:21:46 AM »

My daughter loves this block. She took an interest!  :o  in his one and advised me! on what to put on it and where. She'd have me making an enormous town if I wanted to.  :S

Great fun. Loved it. Thank you Iminei for finding this one for us to try.

Sandra.
xxx

wrenkins

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2018, 08:33:49 AM »
Love it, love it, love it! What lovely fresh Summer colours and inspired applique.
Wouldn't it be nice to do the four seasons????  :loveit: Just sayin'!
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Sandra

« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2018, 09:03:27 AM »
Noooooo!

Four seasons!....what a lovely idea...No. I mustn't. I have other things I need to do....

Sandra.
xxx

Iminei

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2018, 10:05:26 AM »
OOHH!!!

I am loooving that .. clever  daughter!!

Run along into the BOM HOF now Sandra, chop chop ...

:angel:

Ploshkin

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2018, 12:04:51 PM »
That's lovely Sandra, and the others that have been completed too.  I don't think I'll be bomming into the hof with this one - it leaves me a bit cold.  I think it's because I can't be bothered with fiddly embellishments.
I make cakes but have no interest in decorating them.  I knit but can't get excited by little knitted toys.  I cook but can't be bothered with fancy trimmings or stuffing things. 
I think it's just my nature because I will spend ages on intricate construction to get it just right.
Life's too short for ironing.

Iminei

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2018, 12:12:48 PM »
I think it's just my nature because I will spend ages on intricate construction to get it just right

Tell me about it ... Im already beating myself up on this ....

its what happened when I joined the Town and Country block of the day ... I started squaring off the designs and then started recreating Blandford and then it all got too much ...

These blocks are 4 1/2" tall and multiples of 4" wide !!

There must be a masochist gene in me somewhere ... Can someone please remove it?

But you could use Jazzy patterns for the roofs and bodies of the houses???

Ploshkin

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2018, 12:54:20 PM »
Those are beautiful @Iminei. You certainly are a masochist.
With anything I make but especially anything pictorial I need to have an image of the finished item in my head before I begin - if the picture's not there I can't get started.
It's the same with understanding something.  I have to be able to create a picture from the explanation or it just won't make any sense (much to DH's frustration).  It's why I'm good at teaching - that's not being big headed, I've frequently been told I'm good at it.
Life's too short for ironing.

maliw

« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2018, 13:57:29 PM »
Sandra your block is lovely, I like your additions. Iminei, well you've taken things to the next level. Well done ladies.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Kenora

« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2018, 02:13:42 AM »
The blocks are beautiful and I can admire them but I agree with Ploshkin (who has explained it far better than I ever could) that it's the construction of things that's interesting - not the embellishing. Once something (whatever it is) has been constructed, I lose interest, so I'm not sure I'll be doing this BOM either. Especially since I'm lagging way behind on doing other BOM's and the paper piecing one (which-I-really-want-to-do-but-can't-remember-the-abbreviation-for). :S
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

Acorn

« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2018, 06:49:00 AM »
I will definitely be doing it, but not until I've finished the 3-way sewalong.  I may be somewhere near Calico Kate's later today so I may break my rule about only using my stash for the BOMs.  Oh dear, what a pity, never mind.   ;)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 12:00:14 PM by Acorn »
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Acorn

« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2018, 14:00:59 PM »
Dunnit!

Wisteria Cottage through the seasons...

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Sandra

« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2018, 14:10:06 PM »
Oh @Acorn ... that's lovely.  <3

Sandra.
xxx