The Sewing Place

Watch Craftsy classes for free this weekend

Pearl

Watch Craftsy classes for free this weekend
« on: March 02, 2018, 16:29:44 PM »
Something to do while we avoid the Beast.

https://unlimited.craftsy.com/aycwob

Iminei

Re: Watch Craftsy classes for free this weekend
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 16:30:44 PM »
Excellent Ill try the machine embroidery ones ... Ive got to get round to taming Elvis sometime!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

UttaRetch

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 19:16:08 PM »
Link to the 'sewing category'.  So much from which to choose.

UttaRetch

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 19:46:20 PM »
I decided to go for Alison Smith's tailoring guide.  I have saved it, but wonder if it will expire after 4 March.  Anyone know?

Iminei

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2018, 11:31:54 AM »
How do you access these???

Pearl

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2018, 11:55:37 AM »
Does my link not work for you?  Or UR's?  How about this one?  https://unlimited.craftsy.com/search?query=Machine%20Embroidery

SingingSinger

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2018, 12:11:33 PM »
Thanks for this link. Just the thing for being stuck at home snowed in! I'm watching Fearless Knitting and it's interesting  :wool:
Mostly a dressmaker with a few other crafts thrown in. Teetering on the Darkside. Owner of vintage machines Singer 201K and Elna Lotus SP (and a Brother Innovis 350SE and Pfaff Ambition 620)

Iminei

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2018, 12:19:36 PM »
Ok Im in and have just been bored to death by a totthy american in the machine embroidered quilt!

Is there not a class that takes you from the beginning ... does not assume you know how to use your machine ... out there????

Lachica

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2018, 13:32:48 PM »
I've had several emails from them but when I click on the link I get an error message. I wonder if it only works in the US? Or only on Windows machines? I've had problems before when they offered me a class for $15, i tried to buy it and it was charging £28. The helpdesk person got back to me & gave me a code to buy at $15 but I then got error messages about not working on mobile devices, so as I use an iPad I haven't been able to access it.
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

Tamnymore

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2018, 13:54:49 PM »
I got in ok in the UK on a Mac. Probs don't have time to watch anyrhing though.  :'(
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Iminei

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2018, 15:12:09 PM »
Just finished watching the Elizabeth Hartman Dwight the Deer and Born the Bear class ...

Elizabeth Hartman Class

Excellent stuff, she talks quickly (New Yorker ???) so packs a lot of info and good hints and tips into the tut.
I liked her a lot (probs because she cuts and pieces a lot like me ... or is it I cut and piece like her??) and would heartily recommend it to anyone undertaking any of her patterns @Lowena !!!!
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 15:57:00 PM by Iminei »

elephun

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2018, 15:29:07 PM »
There’s a speed button at the bottom left on the Craftsy platform. It’s a life saver when you get a slow talker for a teacher or want to get through classes quickly for some reason.

UttaRetch

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2018, 17:21:55 PM »
I watched the Alison Smith on tailoring, but it was part of a series and didn't cover what I hoped.  I am looking for speed tailoring, but nothing in the free offering.  I also downloaded a fitting class, but this is entirely devoted to trousers and I got bored in about 10 minutes.

Lowena

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2018, 17:26:12 PM »
I watched the same one @Iminei very interesting I thought. I'm dying to do her Seahorse creature ( I love seahorses and always wear a seahorse pendant and earrings ) I fancy a seahorse quilt.
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Iminei

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2018, 11:58:23 AM »
trying to watch 'Painting Pictorial Quilts' but its a bit like ... well, watching paint dry really ... -<

Onto another ... tho' I haven't really got my heart into it at the moment ... feel decidedly yuk! and non ...

Haven't done anything to any projects since the snow hit which is a shame as there's all this time to fill and I have got deadlines but my vavavoom has ...well ... someone (mentioning no names ... ahem Imself) has stepped on it and squished it!