The Sewing Place

Watch Craftsy classes for free this weekend

Ohsewsimple

Re: Watch Craftsy classes for free this weekend
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2018, 17:20:02 PM »
I'd been pondering on Jenny Rushmore's FBA for any pattern as I've a challenging FBA on a lycra dress with princess seams for a large cup size to tackle soon. Not sure it entirely helped but I did glean more info than I have elsewhere so far. No need to buy it now.

@Marniesews I had a look at that class as well just for comparison.  I thought she explained things well and was quite impressed.  And then she went and did something I thought was bizarre.
When she folded out a dart at the armhole on the garment and showed it being done on the pattern I disagreed with her there.  She made no mention of doing anything else with it other than saying that paper was different from fabric and that's why it didn't lie flat!  I think she could have shown people how to get rid of that dart altogether because the pattern was unusable as it was.  Or did I miss something later on?

Marniesews

« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2018, 21:00:06 PM »
You're right, Ohsewsimple, that one was definitely a bodge and stood out from all the others.
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2018, 14:39:48 PM »
You're right, Ohsewsimple, that one was definitely a bodge and stood out from all the others.

Not just me then :).  And it's a simple alteration too. Weird!

Pearl

« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2018, 10:46:38 AM »
And again this weekend.  Happy Mother's Day to those who are celebrating this weekend.

I'm currently watching "Creative Quilting: Alternatives to Free Motion."  This includes 'Big Stitch' which @Bogwoppit was asking about, but I think she is away this weekend. 
« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 10:53:09 AM by Pearl »

Marniesews

« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2018, 18:23:03 PM »
And again this weekend.  Happy Mother's Day to those who are celebrating this weekend.

Not in UK I'm afraid, it was last (or 2 weekends ago?) but I popped two classes in my basket and have only just remembered - not buying them at their current price!
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

Pearl

« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2018, 18:48:45 PM »
Not in UK I'm afraid, it was last (or 2 weekends ago?) but I popped two classes in my basket and have only just remembered - not buying them at their current price!

Not cheaper classes, @Marniesews ,  but I watched for free in UK. 

https://landing.craftsy.com/aycww/?cr_linkid=SEM_G_Membership_Brand_52669639360&cr_maid=108380&kclid=b9e184bd-d91d-41de-9e18-d1f13168ed3a&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIjrWR192A2wIVyb_tCh2-4AZvEAAYASAAEgIY3vD_BwE

Marniesews

« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2018, 20:15:54 PM »
Ooooh, that didn't pop up when I went there before so thank you for the link.  :D

Lachica

« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2018, 20:36:38 PM »
Nope, I just get an error message. Same as when I tried last time :( I think it may be an iPad problem.
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

Efemera

« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2018, 21:07:46 PM »
I get bored...some of the classes just waffle too much.

Pearl

« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2018, 21:17:35 PM »
Nope, I just get an error message. Same as when I tried last time :( I think it may be an iPad problem.

Sorry to hear that, @Lachica:(   I have no problem on my ipad or pc.

elephun

« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2018, 00:31:43 AM »
I get bored...some of the classes just waffle too much.

I've probably said this before, but I find watching some of them at 2x speed helps.