The Sewing Place

Pfaff Join & Fold edging foot - anyone know how to use it?

Lachica

Pfaff Join & Fold edging foot - anyone know how to use it?
« on: March 03, 2018, 21:09:47 PM »
I bought this for £13.95 (ouch) because I had a credit note to use & it seemed a good idea. There are 3 YouTube vids, which are pretty rubbish, (out of focus, not showing the crucial bits etc).It has a double slot on the left which is supposed to fold the main fabric, but my seams won't feed through it. On the third YouTube video the demonstrator says to fold & press the fabric first. If I was going to do that I'd use the standard foot! What am I missing here? Or shall I take it back?
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

Lachica

Re: Pfaff Join & Fold edging foot - anyone know how to use it?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2018, 21:18:35 PM »
This is it.
Mary

Marniesews

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2018, 22:57:02 PM »
I have this but not got around to using it yet. I recall a video for it on the GUR site I think but it may only have been it in action.
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

Morgan

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2018, 00:15:45 AM »

Video demos -

Pfaff with IDT 1
and
Pfaff with IDT 2
the next video shows more clearly how to put the different pieces of fabric into the slots
Husqvarna version

Singer joining foot (more like closed up fagotting)

Brother joing foot

« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 00:23:27 AM by Morgan »

Lachica

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2018, 18:21:07 PM »
Thanks @Morgan. The first 2 are the ones I referred to as out of focus etc. The Husqvarna one is marginally better filmed but theat the one that tells you to press the hem crease first. Thanks for the links to the Singer and Brother ones, hopefully they'll explain it better.
Mary