The Sewing Place

1/4" Seam Guide

Kenora

1/4" Seam Guide
« on: March 04, 2018, 14:32:38 PM »
Morgan posted a "long length adjustable seam guide" in Machine Accessories. It sounded interesting so I followed her link. It was advertised as being suitable for Featherweight machines but would fit any machine that had the correct two holes on the needle plate. I read through the comments on the website that people had made about the accessory, and somebody said they'd bought it for their Bernina 550qe (which is similar to my 570qe) and it fitted fine - so I've ordered it. :)

I didn't expect the site to deliver to the UK as it's in Texas, but when I went to the checkout they stated that carriage to the UK was included in the price ($13.75) and that I would get my guide in 2-3 weeks. It shouldn't attract Customs Duty as the value is under £15. Fingers crossed. :[

I want to use it for a 1/4" or scant 1/4" seam, so I'll let you know how it works once I receive it. I've tried all sorts of other ways to achieve an accurate seam - some sort-of work, and some work for a while (like post-it notes that eventually lose their stickiness), so we'll see how this one does. -<
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

Iminei

Re: 1/4" Seam Guide
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2018, 15:43:44 PM »
Keep us 'posted' !! Ooops! sorry!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Kenora

Re: 1/4" Seam Guide
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2018, 23:46:17 PM »
Just had an unexpected invoice from the company for an additional $14.00 to cover shipping/handling to the UK. :S I've paid it as I really want the gadget, and the total price is no more than I would pay for something similar in this country - if I could get it. However, it would've been nice if they'd been upfront about shipping charges on their checkout page. I'm sure I didn't mis-read it when I placed the order, but never mind, these things happen. :\
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath